Before & After Results
Laser rosacea treatment
Laser redness treatment
Help is at hand to improve your skin tone and texture with simple easy and gentle laser treatments.
Pigmentation, Sun Damage, Thread Veins...
At Cosmedics our lasers use advanced technologies to give excellent results in treating difficult issues. We offer:
- Laser facial redness – thread veins or spider veins
- Laser pigmentation brown discolouration – sun spots, freckling
- skin conditions – acne and rosacea
The special wavelengths of light are specific to each problem and the settings adjusted to give the best results. A course of sessions is recommended to ensure long-lasting great results.
The laser works in harmony with the body’s own healing and rejuvenation processes. This improves the complexion of the skin as well as troubleshooting the specific problem presented.
Harmony XL Pro
Cosmedics Skin Clinic has invested in the latest laser technology with the Harmony XL Pro machine, exclusively in our Putney and Harley Street clinics.
This offers a number of distinct advantages for patients seeking treatment for difficult pigmentation problems:
- safe treatment process in a medically supervised clinic environment
- pain-free treatment process
- gentle yet effective treatment
- suitable for the face or body
- offers patients with a wide variety of skin conditions the option of treatment without needles, chemicals or surgery
The laser works deep within the skin, targeting areas of colour contrast such as veins or pigment. The process also stimulates cell renewal and production of collagen.
Laser treatment has given practitioners new tools with which they can effectively treat a range of previously difficult and resistant skin conditions.
Laser skin therapy delivers excellent results in treating issues that affect the clarity and complexion of the skin such as:
- pigmentation problems (from freckles or patchiness to melasma and hyperpigmentation)
- vascular problems (thread veins or spider veins)
- photo-damage (visible signs of sun damage including sun spots, skin texture and extensive freckling)
- skin conditions (other conditions that can be improved with laser treatment include acne and rosacea)
- Treatment prices are quoted individually, based on the nature of your concerns, the size of the area to be treated and the number of treatment sessions
- The Aesthetic Doctor will quote prices at the consultation, based on assessment and diagnosis of your skin condition. They will also advise on how many sessions are recommended in order to achieve the best result and provide an honest appraisal of what to expect
- A course of 2-4 sessions treatment is generally recommended for best results
A consultation with one of our experienced laser treatment doctors is £50.
Prices for treatments carried out in the same appointment as the consultation will include the £50 consultation fee (note: same-day procedures are only undertaken where the procedure is deemed appropriate to do so AND the patient understands the full extent of the costs, risks and potential side effects and is consenting to proceed on that knowledge).
Should you want to have your treatment at your initial visit and assessment, the same doctor will perform your treatment. We only have doctors performing advanced laser skin treatments.
Call today for latest availability and last minute appointments 020 7386 0464.
Other Laser Treatments
Cosmedics also offer other laser treatments as follows:
Help for pigmentation, sun damage, facial redness
|Laser skin treatment – First Session||£350|
|Laser treatment – Follow Up Sessions||£250|
The costs are a guide and subject to confirmation at the consultation.
What our patients say
Meet your medical team
Request a Callback
One of our dedicated Cosmedics advisors will call you back at a convenient time. You can trust our expertise with:
- Over 18 years of medical excellence;
- Affordable pricing & same day treatments;
- Optimal Covid-19 health & safety;
Always found the Cosmedics team to be genuine, trustworthy and professional. I can honestly say that I have never felt in safer hands and would highly recommend them.
Laser IPL Treatment FAQs
What type of laser/IPL machine do Cosmedics use?
We use the Harmony XL Pro laser machine, which is a very advanced and versatile machine. Dr Ross Perry chose this system as it treats a range of conditions using specially designed settings to deliver the best possible results. It is an advanced system suitable for use in medical clinics which offers excellent safety with outstanding results.
How does laser IPL treatment work?
The laser/IPL system works . :
1. Treating blood vessels/veins/pigmentation
The laser targets areas of colour contrast, such as visible veins/vessels and pigmentation. Laser/IPL directs energy at the darker areas to destroy veins or break down pigmentation, leaving the skin looking clearer and healthier with a more even skin tone.
2. Healing and regeneration
The laser works deep within the skin to stimulate healing and renewal processes; taking advantage of the body’s natural healing responses for producing new skin cells. This improves the complexion, texture and quality of the skin. It boosts collagen production to tighten the skin for a younger look with reduced lines and wrinkles.
Will laser/IPL treatment hurt?
You may have heard about painful IPL hair removal treatments – these tend to involve cheaper IPL systems.
Harmony XL Pro offers comfortable treatment which patients describe as a warm sensation on or in the skin. If there is any discomfort at all, it tends to be mild and very short-lived. Our practitioners are trained and experienced in delivering fast and efficient treatments which minimise any discomfort.
Is Harmony laser/IPL safe?
Harmony has an outstanding safety record, proven in comprehensive clinical studies. Our practitioners are medically qualified doctors/surgeons, who are trained and experienced in delivering laser/IPL treatments. Safety is paramount.
Could this treatment be used for redness/rosacea?
IPL/laser treatment can help to reduce redness and enlarged blood vessels by the light energy to collapse the blood capillaries. It is most effective with early stages of rosacea and tiny visible blood vessels. It is not a permanent solution for rosacea symptoms, but can give appreciable improvement. See laser redness/rosacea treatment for more information.
Is there any downtime after laser/IPL treatment?
This depends very much on the treatment carried out.
We can use laser/IPL as a ‘lunchtime facial’ whereby you can return straight to normal activities with no noticeable impact.
However, for more intensive treatments, then there may be some redness afterwards.
Our doctors/surgeons discuss downtime and aftercare in full during your consultation, prior to treatment being carried out. You can then decide on the best timing for your treatment, depending on other commitments and your personal preferences about potentially being seen with any post-treatment redness.
What aftercare applies after laser/IPL treatment?
- It is normal for the treated area to feel a bit sunburned for a few hours. You can use a cold compress or paracetamol if needed.
- Avoid bathing with very hot water, strenuous exercise, or massage 2-5 days.
- If showering, use warm/tepid water – not overly hot – and mild soap. Pat skin dry (do not rub)
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin to achieve your best results. Aloe Vera gel can be helpful in calming any irritations
- Wait for any initial swelling or soreness to go down before using makeup. For aggressive treatments, it is recommended to use new makeup to reduce the possibility of infection.
- Keep the area supple using moisturiser. Choose a product without AHA (alpha-hydroxy acids)
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for 1-2 months and throughout the course of the treatment – this is really important to reduce the chance of dark or light spots. Use sunscreen SPF 25 or higher at all times throughout the treatment when going outside. Also bear in mind that sun exposure is the main cause of pigmentation problems and prevention is the best means of ensuring that they do not recur in the future
- Avoid tweezing, waxing, bleaching or chemical peels on the treated area during the course of the treatment
- Do not use any products containing Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide or astringents as these could irritate sensitive skin
Can I have laser/IPL before going on holiday?
It is important to avoid any prolonged exposure to sunshine within 2-3 weeks of treatment. Please discuss any holiday plans with us when you book, so that we can recommend suitable timing for your treatment.
How much does laser/IPL treatment cost?
Prices depend on the treatment carried out. The Aesthetic Doctor/Surgeon will quote prices at the consultation; after examination and based on discussion of your concerns, the size of the area to be treated and the number of treatment sessions.
A course of 2-4 sessions is generally recommended for best results
Can laser/IPL be combined with other skin treatments?
Yes, Harmony XL Pro laser/IPL treatments work well alongside injectable treatments such as hyaluronic acid dermal fillers or BOTOX® anti-wrinkle injections. It is important to discuss other treatment plans in full with your doctor/surgeon, so that the best possible treatment plan can be formulated.
As seen in…
The Daily Mail’s Mail Online Live visited Cosmedics Skin Clinics in Putney for a live broadcast of the ‘laser lunchtime lift’ on their Facebook page.