Tired eyes & drooping eyelids
- Signs of ageing often show first around the eyes
- Delicate skin can be quick to develop lines and wrinkles
- Treatment options with our Doctors & Surgeons
Treatments for tired eyes
What are tired eyes?
Although many signs of ageing are apparent on the face, it is the eyelids and surrounding areas which commonly show the first signs of ageing. Tired eyes and droopy eyelids can occur at any age, but they are more common as we get older and tend to get more severe too as time progresses.
So while the odd fine line appearing around the eyes when you laugh can look quite cute in your twenties, by the time you’re in your 40s or 50s, these deeper lines and creases seem to be permanently visible. Loose skin around the eyes can make a person look really tired or sometimes sad, so eye bags and heavy eyelids or hooded eyes are not a welcome feature. These lines, bags and lids are signs of ageing that tend to get worse as we age and can affect self-esteem.
What causes tired eyes?
Lines, wrinkles, droopy eyelids, eye bags, hollows…
The skin in the eye area is very delicate and there is very little fat in the area. As the skin tissues lose collagen and elasticity, the skin becomes loose and lines/wrinkles appear. Excess skin can fall into folds either above or below the eye, or both.
Some clients are more susceptible than others too tired eyes. Those that smoke or have had a lot of sun exposure are likely to notice issues earlier than others, but sometimes it is a genetic issue, based on the bone structure and skin type. Nobody wants to look tired or angry if they’re not, which is why so many clients are keen to refresh the eye area.
Eye rejuvenation treatment options
Eye Lid Surgery
Eye lid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is one of the most successful ways to treat tired or droopy eyes. Known as upper blepharoplasty, excess skin from the eyelid can be removed to enhance your appearance. This is a surgical approach, but as a ‘walk in, walk out’ procedure, blepharoplasty is a simple technique. It can be performed swiftly and painlessly with excellent outcomes. Often combined with a brow lift, you can eradicate signs of ageing with a selection of targeted treatments. Cosmedics Skin Clinics offers eyelid surgery in London with experienced plastic surgeons. As a ‘day case’ procedure it requires no hospital stay, making it a surprisingly convenient choice.
Tired eyes consultation
If you’d like to take advantage of an assessment from one of our Aesthetic Doctors or Surgeons, please call us today and we will be happy to book an appointment. They’ll carefully assess your face and discuss your concerns before talking you through your options. There’s no obligation to proceed.
Non-Surgical Treatment Options
There are a range of solutions available to revitalise the skin around the eyes:
- Anti-ageing injections using BOTOX® can help to calm the fine dynamic muscle movements, allowing the skin to appear smoother. This is especially useful in the upper face including opening up the eyes for a fresher look
- Dermal fillers tend to be more for the lower face but they may be helpful to restore lost volume around the eyes, e.g. eye bags
- 8-point face lift, also known as a non-surgical face lift, is a sophisticated use of injectable treatment which uses dermal fillers to provide structure, shape and ‘lift’ for loose tissues around the whole face. This can improve the eyes as part of a more holistic rejuvenation treatment
Non-surgical skin treatments are available at Cosmedics Skin Clinics in London and Bristol.
5 - 20 minutes
Meet your medical team
Request a Callback
One of our dedicated Cosmedics advisors will call you back at a convenient time. You can trust our expertise with:
- Over 17 years of medical excellence;
- Affordable pricing & same day treatments;
- Optimal Covid-19 health & safety;
Always found the Cosmedics team to be genuine, trustworthy and professional. I can honestly say that I have never felt in safer hands and would highly recommend them.