iPixel YAG with the Harmony XL Treatment
Our iPixel YAG with the Harmony XL provides highly effective fractional ablative laser skin resurfacing treatment, carried out by our Aesthetic Doctors.
iPixel treatment is very versatile. It significantly improves overall skin tone, elasticity, texture and moisture. It can also reduce pore size and pigmentation. Uses of treatment include:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Improvement of deeper wrinkles
- Repair of sun damaged skin
- Reduction of age spots and blemishes
- Scars including acne scarring
This treatment achieves results more usually associated with more aggressive treatment options but with remarkable recovery and short downtimes.
The key is that rather than removing the whole top layer of skin (as with traditional ablative laser resurfacing) only around 20% of the skin is treated with tiny ‘pixel-sized’ injuries, leaving the rest intact.
This stimulates the skin’s healing and collagen production, leading to a host of visible improvements in skin tone, elasticity and hydration.
As only a fraction of the skin’s surface is treated, skin can heal quickly, causing collagen remodeling, skin tightening and an improvement in skin texture as the area recovers.
Fractional ablative laser skin resurfacing treatment is exclusively available at Cosmedics Skin Clinics based in Putney.
- Laser Technology Information:
- We use the iPixel Er:YAG module with the Harmony XL Pro.
- Erbium YAG laser at a 2940nm wavelength
- Either a 7×7 or 9×9 ablation pattern may be used, depending on the treatment. 7 pixel configuration allows for deeper penetration and higher powered ablation
- Laser is delivered to the skin through a micro optics lens within an 11mm x 11mm treatment zone
- Laser penetrates skin creating channels 20-50 microns deep
Approvals for Pixel® 2940 w
- FDA (Food & Drug Administration) cleared for fractional ablative laser skin resurfacing in 2006
- European CE Mark September 2006
Fractional ablative laser skin resurfacing prices
|iPixel Treatment||From £400|
- Treatment prices are quoted individually, based on the size of area to be treated and the number of sessions required
- Prices are confirmed at consultation, following full assessment and diagnosis by our Aesthetic Doctor
A course of 3 is recommended for the best results normally 4-6 weeks apart
- A laser skin treatment consultation with our Aesthetic Doctor is £50
- This fee is redeemable against any subsequent course of treatments
- Contact us to book your appointment
What our patients say
Meet your medical team
Request a Callback
One of our dedicated Cosmedics advisors will call you back at a convenient time. You can trust our expertise with:
- Over 18 years of medical excellence;
- Affordable pricing & same day treatments;
- Optimal Covid-19 health & safety;
Always found the Cosmedics team to be genuine, trustworthy and professional. I can honestly say that I have never felt in safer hands and would highly recommend them.
iPixel YAG Laser FAQ – fractional ablative laser skin resurfacing
How does treatment work?
The iPixel fractional resurfacing laser delivers precise beams of energy in a pixel-size formation to target specific areas of damaged skin cells. The treatment is delivered via ‘microcolumns’ or tiny channels of perforations on your skin which leave the surrounding cells intact. This triggers rapid healing processes and the production of collagen and elastin to fill in the area with new healthy cells.
What sorts of conditions can be treated?
iPixel is a very versatile treatment that can improve a host of skin conditions, including:
- Signs of ageing – wrinkles, lines, loose skin
- Scarring and acne scarring (ice pick scars, rolling scars, boxcar scars)
- Pigmentation and sun spots
- Poor skin texture – large pores, crepiness, rough skin
Who might benefit from iPixel YAG treatment?
The treatment is not suitable for all skin types and cannot be used for patients with dark skin tones.
We will determine your suitability during your consultation but for an initial free assessment, please send a photo to email@example.com. This does not replace the need for a consultation but can be very helpful as a first step.
Is there any ‘downtime’?
You can expect your skin to look quite red after treatment, so it is a personal choice whether to ‘stay in’ for a few days or carry on as normal.
iPixel does not remove the entire top layer of the skin (unlike traditional ablative laser systems), which makes recovery faster than might be expected. Its laser can penetrate at a deeper level while reducing downtime and swelling. However, it is still quite an intensive treatment and your skin will look ‘sunburned’ for a few days. After around 3 days, you may also experience little scabs on the skin. It’s important to let them fall off naturally.
Does iPixel treatment hurt?
iPixel is an intensive resurfacing treatment, but we use a numbing cream to minimise discomfort during treatment.
Does it leave marks on the skin?
You may notice a grid of tiny pinprick dots where the laser has been applied. These do pass relatively quickly and we will apply a soothing cream to help.
What aftercare should I think about?
- Expect some initial redness and swelling – like mild sunburn. This should pass within 48 hours of treatment
- Pain also can be present for 2-3 days. Painkillers can be taken and ice packs can also be applied in the area.
- Mild swelling can last up to 5 days depending on the area being treated. You can apply aloe vera gel, aftersun or ice packs to ease this
- Avoid wearing makeup, or touching your face for 24 hours to reduce the risk of any potential infection (longer if there is any blistering)
- Avoid UV exposure and wear an SPF 30 minimum throughout your course of treatment
- Avoid high temperatures e.g., sauna or steam for the first few days
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin
- Avoid exfoliating treatments while having iPixel laser treatment
When will I see results?
iPixel works by stimulating growth of collagen and elastin; so results are not instant but develop gradually as the skin regenerates.
As more collagen is produced, scars and pigmentations begin to fade so your skin develops a fresher, healthier and more radiant look. You can expect your skin to look much better after around 3 months.
Why choose iPixel YAG treatment?
iPixel is a fractional ablative laser treatment that can resurface the skin. It can improve skin texture and pigment related concerns; including wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, large pores and rough skin texture.
It is a versatile treatment that stimulates collagen renewal for a refreshed and radiant complexion. This means that results look and feel quite natural, as they are the result of stimulating your body’s own renewal processes.