The 8-point face lift is also sometimes referred to as a non-surgical face lift, as it can produce a similarly transformative lifting and rejuvenating result, but without the cost, downtime or risks involved with surgery.
The 8-point face lift uses advanced dermal fillers not to restore volume but to lift the tissues and structure of the face to produce a more youthful profile. Sophisticated techniques require working across 8 injecting points on each side of the face.
- Lifting the lower and mid face
- Creating more youthful contours
- Improving definition around the jawline
- Rejuvenating the eye area for less ‘tired’ eyes
- Firmer, smoother skin with fewer lines and wrinkles
- More awake, alert features with less ‘sagginess’
The 8-point facelift is particularly effective and natural-looking as it focuses on overall rejuvenation of the whole face, rather than trouble-shooting one or two specific troublespots.
At Cosmedics Skin Clinics, our doctors only use advanced and long-lasting Juvederm® hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers, which contain an anaesthetic so the procedure is virtually painless.
8-Point Face Lift Costs:
The 8-point face lift is a bespoke procedure carried out by by specially-trained GMC-Registered doctors. Prices vary according to the quantity of filler required for the optimum result.
The price will therefore be confirmed at consultation with one of our Aesthetic Doctors. As an indication, the expected cost of a procedure is outlined below:
|8 point filler facelift (including lift to cheeks, jowls,
A full dermal facial filler consultation for the 8-point face lift costs £50.
Prices for treatments carried out in the same appointment as the consultation will include the £50 consultation fee (note: same day procedures are only undertaken where the procedure is deemed appropriate to do so AND the patient understands the full extent of the costs, risks and potential side effects and is consenting to proceed on that knowledge).
8-Point Face Lift FAQs
Is this the same as a liquid facelift?
Essentially yes, the 8-point face lift may also be referred to as:
- Liquid face lift
- Non-surgical face lift
- Non-invasive face lift
What is the best facial filler to use?
There are lots of different types of filler available, but we use the long-lasting Juvederm VOLUMA, which has an excellent safety rating and long-lasting results. The filler is soft and pliant, excellent for larger areas and multiple injection points.
How long will results last?
Results will vary depending on the individual. We tend to expect 12-18 months and up to 2 years before the fillers have completely dissipated.
Can the procedure be ‘topped up’?
Absolutely – that is one of they key benefits of this approach. More injections can be carried out for a fuller effect or to replenish the filler as results start to wear off. The temporary nature of this procedure means that it can be modified each time to suit the patient’s requirements as the ageing process continues.
How quickly will I see results?
The results will be immediate – you’ll see in a mirror that the skin is smoother, fresher-looking and more youthful.
The full results won’t be visible for a couple of days, as you will initially also have some red marks where the injections were delivered and may expect some localised swelling.
Once any swelling has subsided the results will be effective yet very natural-looking.
When should I consider this procedure?
We advise the 8-point face lift as an option whenever you start to notice sagging or looseness in the face, which is known as ‘skin laxity’. This is generally from the age of around 35, although it does vary.
Why not surgery?
Face lift surgery can indeed be very effective, but it does have some disadvantages
- Permanent removal of skin – can produce an over-tight ‘wind tunnel’ effect
- Expensive – £10k or more
- Requires general anaesthetic, which incurs a host of risks and complications
- Higher risk of infection due to scalpel/skin removal nature of procedure
- Usually requires several nights in hospital and then wearing dressings – at least a week off work and sometimes 2-3
A non-surgical face lift is far easier to fit into your schedule, creates a natural look which can be modified over time and costs a lot less. The downside is that as excess loose skin isn’t removed, there is not the dramatic difference as with a surgical face lift and the potential with very loose skin is limited. However, it is a practical alternative to surgery which gives a flattering and natural result.
Is there anything I need to avoid after the procedure?
We recommend not doing strenuous exercise, going in a spa/sauna or drinking alcohol for the first 24-48 hours.
8 Points in a Non-Surgical Face Lift
Many people wonder just what the 8 points of an 8-point face lift are. These are precise injecting sites which help to form the overall facial structure:
- 1&2: Cheek bone/structure: Enhancing the cheek bones often helps to lift the nasolabial folds and adds to the overall impact
- 3: Tear troughs: Rejuvenating tired hollows under the eyes leads to a more awake, alert and youthful look
- 4: Nasolabial fold: Smoothing out the lines which appera in the nose to mouth area improves the youthful appearance
- 5: Mouth corners: Lift the mouth area can improve a person’s appearance, smoothing away any ageing angry or sad look
- 6. Prejowl area: The 8 Point Lift can help to reduce or improve jowls caused by loss of volume in the jaw, cheek and chin area
- 7. Jawline: A subtle lift to the jawline can create a more youthful ‘V’ instead of an ageing ‘U’ shaped chin and jaw area
- 8. Lower cheeks: Hollow cheeks are ageing and gaunt, but also impact on the rest of the face too. Smoother, plumper cheeks lift the whole face
The 8-point face lift is available at all of Cosmedics Skin clinics in London and Bristol:
To book an appointment, please use the handy form on this website, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our team on 0207 386 0464
8-Point Facelift Doctors
Dr Ross Perry
MBBS – Aesthetic Doctor
Dr Ross Perry is the Medical Director of Cosmedics Skin Clinics, which he established in 2003.
He has a special interest in plastic and cosmetic surgery and offers advanced BOTOX® and facial fillers to achieve outstanding non-surgical results with the emphasis on a natural look. He also has ongoing NHS commitments as a GP.
Dr Britt Vardy
MBBS MRCGP – Aesthetic Doctor
Britt Vardy specialises in facial rejuvenation and has extensive experience of using dermal fillers with a natural-looking, feminine touch which is very flattering.
Dr Jennifer Todman
BSc (Hons), MBBS, MRCGP, DFFP, DPD (Dip Derm)
Dr Jennifer Todman is a highly qualified Aesthetic Doctor who practices at Cosmedics in London with a particular interest in anti-ageing injections including wrinkle-relaxing and dermal fillers.
Mr Daniel Thio
MB BCh BAO MRCS DOHNS PGCert
Mr Dan Thio works in Harley Street and Putney as well as running Cosmedics’ Bristol Clinic, where he offers dermal fillers and the 8 point facelift.