Upper Blepharoplasty – Eye Lift
An eye lift is a surgical procedure which works to rejuvenate the delicate eye area by removing excess skin in order to create a ‘lift’.
The eyes are often the first to show signs of age and with time, sagging skin can become quite a problem. Fine lines become wrinkles and then deep creases until the eyes take on a tired, hooded or droopy appearance.
Non-surgical treatments such as BOTOX® or dermal fillers can be helpful in refreshing the eye area, but do not tackle excess skin.
Now Cosmedics Skin Clinics is offering upper eyelid surgery in order to tackle this problem.
Surgery is thought of as being invasive, but with our expert surgeons it is far more accessible than before:
- Local anaesthetic – better tolerated and lower risks than general
- No overnight stay – more convenient than a hospital
- Fast recovery – bruising lasts up to 10 days
- A simple walk in walk out procedure
- Takes 30 – 60 minutes
- Longer lasting than injections or laser – excess skin gone for good
The effect is to make people look younger and less tired or angry. It is a great choice for patients over the age of 45, where the signs of ageing are becoming established.
There is no need to worry about it looking too dramatic or fake. Our surgeons use sympathetic techniques designed for a subtle yet very effective impact.
For clients who also suffer from low, saggy or drooping eyebrows, our surgeons can combine eyelid surgery with a brow lift for maximum impact.
Upper Bleparoplasty Prices
The prices of eye lift surgery are indicative and subject to confirmation at your consultation:
|Upper blepharoplasty price for BOTH eyes||From £1,800|
- Prices above are a guide to the costs and the exact price can only be determined once the surgeon has examined your face and eye area in detail in order to given advice based on a full diagnosis
- Doctor consultations take around 30 minutes and the surgeon will provide a quote for the work recommended and discussed
- The £50 consultation fee is redeemable against the price of eyelid removal treatment booked at your consultation
What to Expect
Your surgeon will fully explain during your consultation. Here are a few points to answer common queries:
- Will I have to have stitches? Yes, this procedure does require stitches to close the wound where the skin has been removed. These will be removed 5-7 days later in our clinics at no additional cost
- Will it hurt? We advise patients to expect mild discomfort for around 3-5 days. This is normally manageable with standard painkillers
- What will swelling and bruising look like? Patients can expect swelling for 3-5 days and bruising 7-10 days. Cold compresses and ice packs can be helpful in handling this
- Do I need time off work? Most patients will take a few days off to avoid being seen with stitches and swelling/bruising – but you don’t have to
- Can I exercise? We request no exercise for the first 1-2 weeks, to enable swelling and bruising to subside
- Can I wear contact lenses? We recommend wearing glasses (spectacles) for 2 weeks to avoid any undue pulling on the eye area or risk of infection
- Can I shower and wash? Yes, you’ll need to keep the area very clean while avoiding risk of damaging the wound. We will recommend suitable products and regimes.
Our non-invasive cosmetic treatments can be used alongside eyelid surgery for a better result. Doctors and surgeons at Cosmedics Skin Clinics offer the latest techniques in injectable treatments including:
- BOTOX® anti-wrinkle injections
- Dermal Fillers to replenish lost volume
- 8 point face lift to lift facial tissues
Our Putney beauty centre also offers high tech facial rejuvenation treatments carried out by our highly trained beauty therapists
You can expect great results from your surgery, but these can be used alongside upper blepharoplasty for greater impact. Your surgeon will be happy to advise.
Our Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons
Ms Marion Grob
Ms Grob is a fully accredited specialist in Plastic Surgery and is on the specialist register in Plastic Surgery with the GMC (General Medical Council) in the UK.
Alongside private practice at Cosmedics Skin Clinics in London, Ms Grob also currently serves as an associate attending in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at Kingston Hospital NHS Trust.
MS AOIFE TURNER
Ms Aoife J Turner ( MB Bch BAO FA,EBOPRAS) is a double board certified plastic and aesthetic surgeon whose experience includes highly prestigious hospitals – Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, Blackrock Clinic Dublin, Guth Clinic Hamburg Germany, Cleveland Clinic, Medical One, Kuwait.
She is passionate about facial aesthetic rejuvenation and can combine both non surgical and surgical treatments to tailor make treatment plans to achieve her patient’s aesthetic goals.
- Dr Ross Perry in the press! Metro looks at how blue light emitted from mobile smartphones, tablets or laptops could… https://t.co/HPl56M2gL6 8 hours ago
- New Year Laser Facials Offer at Cosmedics Beauty - Start the New Year by freshening up your skin! ️ 20% Extra Off… https://t.co/2wD1mtn14a 1 week ago