Everybody naturally gets the occasional forehead line or frown line, but if you are willing to try and do away with yours, then it can be helpful to understand where they come from and what you can do about them to get rid of them.
Some people seem more susceptible than others to signs of ageing on the forehead. There are a number of variables to consider.
Causes of Forehead & Frown Lines
Essentially, the vast majority of forehead lines come about from the natural movement of the face. Over time, these movements result in the lines that we all know of, and it’s something that happens to everyone. However, if you find that you are routinely or frequently stressed, then that is certainly the kind of experience that is going to make forehead lines more pronounced, as it means that you will be frowning all the more often.
As the skin ages, the skin loses elasticity, so it also means that aging is a primary cause of forehead lines.
There are additional factors that are known to accelerate the signs of ageing. If you are a smoker (or have been in the past), then the lines and wrinkles tend to be more pronounced and appear at an earlier age.
Another major influence over how old you look is sun exposure. The sun can cause premature ageing and the forehead is a particular area of concern as it tends to catch a lot of sun exposure.
The good news is that there are many options to improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the forehead. Let’s take a look at some of the popular options now.
Frown & Forehead Line Treatment Options
There are a range of solutions available, so you should not fret over your forehead lines too much. These include:
- Anti-ageing injections – BOTOX® works to relax the fine dynamic muscle movements, allowing the skin to appear smoother.
- Dermal fillers tend to be more for the lower face, but are another type of anti-ageing injection, this time to restore lost volume
- 8-point face lift, also known as a non-surgical face lift, is a sophisticated use of injectable treatment which uses dermal fillers to provide structure, shape and ‘lift’ for loose tissues
- Dermaroller or Dermapen is a microneedling technique which creates tiny wounds to stimulate the skin’s natural healing response
- Thread lifts are an option which uses tiny invisible and absorbable threads within the skin to lift and smooth the skin tissues
- Brow lift surgery is a minor surgical procedure which is now available at Cosmedics Skin Clinics in London. Here the surgeon carefully removes excess skin to tighten, smooth and lift the brow. This is a day case procedure with minimal recovery/downtime issues
If you are concerned about your forehead lines, you will be glad to hear that such solutions exist.
If you’d like to take advantage of an assessment from one of our Aesthetic Doctors or Surgeons, please call us today and we will be happy to book an appointment. They’ll carefully assess your face and discuss your concerns before talking you through your options. There’s no obligation to proceed.
No matter what situation you are in or how bad you think it has become, it is usually surprisingly fixable.