Before & After Photos
Before and after TIXEL treatment
TIXEL eye treatment
Before and after TIXEL rejuvenation
TIXEL eyes results
Before and after TIXEL eyes
Before and after TIXEL periorbital treatment
Cheek acne redness - TIXEL treatment results
TIXEL® is an award-winning treatment which uses the heat to rejuvenate, resurface and tighten the skin in a process known as ‘thermal fractional skin rejuvenation. No lasers, chemicals or injections.
What can TIXEL® treat?
TIXEL® is a very versatile treatment system that can help improve a host of conditions including:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Skin discoloration, including age spots
- Sun damaged skin
- Skin tone and texture
- Active acne as well as acne scars
Potential results include:
- Increasing quality and thickness of skin
- Reducing uneven pigmentation
- Reducing acne scarring and other types of scarring
3 TIXEL® Treatment Modalities:
- Ablative – the most aggressive treatment with results similar to CO2 laser resurfacing but with much less downtime. This treatment creates deep or shallow micro-channels on the skin to stimulate collagen production
- Sublative – in sublative mode, TIXEL heats within the upper dermis of the skin, whilst protecting the outer layer. This option is recommended for darker skin types where full ablative is unsuitable. It can achieve similar results, but over more sessions.
- Open channel – a similar concept to mesotherapy, creating channels in the skin which enable topical serums and infusions to penetrate the skin in order to rejuvenate, nourish and replenish it
Advantages of TIXEL® treatment:
Often, a mixture of ablative and open channel treatments will be recommended for best results, depending on the skin concerns.
- Fast treatment
- Highly effective – results comparable to fractional laser/CO2 resurfacing
- Minimal discomfort and pain
- Rapid healing and minimal downtime
- Natural approach – no lasers, toxins, scalpels or needles
- Sterile, safe, radiation-free
- Suitable for face, neck, eyes, decolletage, arms
|Treatment||Cost per session||Course of 3|
|Full face and eyes||£795||£1,995
|Full face, eyes and neck||£950||£2,395
Our doctors are able to provide the more advanced ABLATIVE TIXEL® treatment as well as prescriptive products during the treatments.
A course of 3 is recommended for the best results normally 4-6 weeks apart.
* The £50 consultation fee is redeemable against the price of Tixel treatment when carried out at the same appointment as the consultation (note: same day procedures are only undertaken where the procedure is deemed appropriate to do so AND the patient understands the full extent of the costs, risks and potential side effects and is consenting to proceed on that knowledge).
Also, should you want to have your treatment at your initial visit and assessment it is the same doctor who will perform your treatment as we only have doctors.
Prescriptive products are tailored according to skin condition – Retin A, Pigmanorm, Tranexamic acid, BOTOX® are examples as well as prescriptive cosmeceuticals.
What our patients say
Request a Callback
One of our dedicated Cosmedics advisors will call you back at a convenient time. You can trust our expertise with:
- Over 18 years of medical excellence;
- Affordable pricing & same day treatments;
- Optimal Covid-19 health & safety;
Always found the Cosmedics team to be genuine, trustworthy and professional. I can honestly say that I have never felt in safer hands and would highly recommend them.
What happens during a TIXEL® procedure?
The TIXEL® machine features a bio-compatible, sterile titanium tip which is heated to 400 degrees C. The tip is approximately 1 cm square and contains 9 columns and 9 rows of tiny pyramids (totalling 81).
The tip makes brief contact with the skin, where it transfers thermal energy to the upper skin layers, creating micron sized pores.
The energy transfer can be controlled according to the treatment area and condition being treated. This is adjusted by varying the tip’s skin exposure time as well as its thermal conductivity.
TIXEL does NOT include the following:
- No lasers
- No injections
- No irradiation
What is the evidence for TIXEL?
One small study of 26 patients found the following:
- Skin complexion improvement in all patients
- Average treatment pain of 3.1/10
- Downtime of 0-1 days
- Erythema (redness) cleared in 3.5 days
- Satisfaction was 75%
- Reduction in wrinkles achieved in 75% of the cases
- No incidence of bleeding, scarring, or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
Is TIXEL® safe?
TIXEL® has an excellent safety profile. There is no risk of burning, no radiation and no needles.
TIXEL uses natural heat, which means it is safe to use in the eye area, delivering fractional skin rejuvenation in this delicate area.
Download TIXEL treatment leaflet
How it works – demo video
What preparation & aftercare should I consider?
Here are some guidelines to help you plan your treatment and recovery from TIXEL:
- Expect to feel a hot ‘sunburnt’ feeling for a couple of hours after Tixel treatment
- Redness will last for a few days
- Expect some micro crusting (small scabbing). This will clear after 4-5 days
- Patients should not expect any peeling or blistering
- Patients will need to purchase some aftercare products. We will advise on this at your appointment
- Makeup can be used after 48 hours to cover your skin while healing continues. We suggest mineral makeup.
- Patients can expect to see a difference after 1 treatment, but we recommend a course of 3-5 sessions for optimal results
- Results can be seen 4-6 weeks after treatment
- TIXEL treatment cannot be used while pregnant or breastfeeding
- Your skin will need to be free from active tan for 3 weeks prior to treatment and will require strong sun protection for 3 weeks following treatment
Can I have TIXEL® if I’m suntanned?
Your skin will need to be free from active tan for 3 weeks prior to treatment.
Do I need sun protection after treatment?
Yes, you will require strong sun protection for 3 weeks following treatment.
We recommend avoiding sun exposure where possible, seeking shade and covering up with clothing. You should wear a SPF50+ when outdoors.
How many TIXEL treatment sessions will I need?
You can expect to see some results after just one session, but a course of 3 sessions is recommended for the best results. Appointments are normally 4-6 weeks apart. This may vary, depending on treatment.
When will I see the results of my TIXEL® treatment?
Results take a little time to develop, as TIXEL® treatment stimulates your skin’s own renewal and regeneration mechanisms, such as production of new collagen. The results tend to develop 4-6 weeks after treatment.
How does TIXEL® compare to CO2 laser?
According to the manufacturer, TIXEL delivers all the results of CO2 laser; but without the pain and with a much faster recovery time. It can even be used on the eyelid and tear trough for a non-surgical eye lift – delicate areas that cannot be treated using laser or microneedling.
Is TIXEL® OK for darker skin?
TIXEL can be used on all skin types, including those with pigmentation and darker skin tones. Treatment is adjustable, so energy settings can be reduced for darker skin types. This means that more treatments may be required.