Before and after photos
Before and after anal skin tag removal
Anal skin tag removal London
Removal of a large and irritating skin tag was quick and painless. The skin appears smoother afterwards with no noticeable scar.
Anal Skin Tag Removal Before After
Skin tag removal can usually be done same day. The area immediately feels more comfortable with the tag removed.
Anal Skin Tag Treatment
Before and after anal skin tag treatment
Anal skin tag removal before after
Anal skin tag removal before and after
Suffering with an anal skin tag? Don’t worry we can help
Anal skin tags
Anal skin tags very often appear as a result of piles or haemorrhoids, where the skin has stretched and not quite shrunk back again, leaving a fleshy flap of skin. They are quite common after childbirth.
Patients are often embarrassed by them and find that wiping and feeling clean is difficult.
Private skin tag removal
If you are considering anal skin tag removal and have been let down by your GP and NHS as they don’t offer this service as they consider it cosmetic then don’t worry.
Cosmedics specialize in removing skin tags from around the anus at friendly private clinics in a simple gentle procedure that takes less than 30 minutes.
We often find most patients are delighted once they have undergone treatment and often surprised how quick and easy the procedure is and how fast they heal.
Costs of anal skin tag removal are from £750
Please call us on 0207 386 0464 for help and advice.
- Proper diagnosis and careful treatment
- Doctors trained in skin surgery
- Sexual health advice as appropriate
Anal skin tag surgery
Anal skin tag removal is also known as sentinel skin tag removal is usually carried out as a surgical procedure.
This is a minor procedure and is carried out using local anaesthetic. Anal skin tag surgery is a relatively simple procedure using a fine scalpel to carefully and thoroughly remove the skin tag. It is key to ensure a neat wound which will heal quickly and leave minimal scarring, as anal skin tags are often the result of trauma caused by haemorrhoids or childbirth.
Same day treatment
Anal skin tag removal can sometimes be carried out at the same appointment as the initial consultation, depending on the size and complexity of the skin tag. This saves the need to book another appointment.
The doctor will explain exactly what to expect at your consultation so that you have all the facts in advance of any procedure.
Anus skin tag removal recovery
Given the location of anal skin tags, patients usually expect the recovery process to be worse than it actually is. We provide comprehensive aftercare advice and after the first week, the initial wound should be healing well.
The first 24 hours are likely to be the most uncomfortable as the anaesthetic wears off. However, any pain can be managed using standard painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen. After the first 24 hours it should feel noticeably better, but continue to take occasional painkillers if necessary.
Less than 30 minutes
|Skin Tags||Cost||Histology** Cost|
|Anal skin tags||from £750||£85
|Multiple/complex anal skin tags||up to £1,250||£85
|Genital skin tags||from £500||£85
*The £50 consultation fee is redeemable against the price of anal skin tag removal treatment when carried out at the same appointment as the consultation (note: same day procedures are only undertaken where the procedure is deemed appropriate to do so AND the patient understands the full extent of the costs, risks and potential side effects and is consenting to proceed on that knowledge).
Video - anal skin tag removal
In this short video, Dr Ross Perry discusses anal skin tags, explaining how this condition can cause difficulties from a cosmetic point of view, affecting intimate relationships and also raising hygiene concerns regarding cleanliness and comfort.
It is a very common problem, but there’s no need to suffer in silence. Treatment is quick and effective. Pain-free anal skin tag removal is a procedure which he offers at Cosmedics Skin Clinics in London. A client shares her experience of having 2 large skin tags removed in under 20 minutes with no pain.
“I was longing for this procedure for a long time because I had this anal skin tag that was really really uncomfortable and making my life a bit difficult. I was very worried and a little bit scared to go through this. but it was so smooth, no pain, so fast, so comfortable that I really recommend it.”
What our patients say
Meet your medical team
Request a Callback
One of our dedicated Cosmedics advisors will call you back at a convenient time. You can trust our expertise with:
- Over 18 years of medical excellence;
- Affordable pricing & same day treatments;
- Optimal Covid-19 health & safety;
Always found the Cosmedics team to be genuine, trustworthy and professional. I can honestly say that I have never felt in safer hands and would highly recommend them.
Your anal skin tag removal questions answered
What is an anal skin tag?
Anal skin tags are a more common problem than people realise and so if they develop one then not to be overly concerned or embarrassed. Having said this, naturally, people tend to worry and if affects their confidence with intimacy with their partners but also the feeling of not being totally clean.
Anal skin tags are very common and often a result of having suffered from piles or haemorrhoids in the past or from childbirth.
Who might have anal skin tag removal?
Patients who typically look to have anal skin tag removal are all ages and men as well as women.
They have often seen their doctor or an NHS specialist (colorectal surgeon) and advised that is it all ok and deemed ‘cosmetic’ so they don’t then need to remove the anal skin tags on the NHS. For a lot of people who want them removed, they then try often counter remedies or search google for a DIY treatment which almost always ends up making things worse and we would strongly advise against any of these methods.
Patients who are keen to remove the anal skin tags should seek specialist advice.
What should I expect at my appointment?
At Cosmedics our doctors and surgeons are very experienced in anal skin tag removal and we understand that this is an extremely sensitive issue. Once you have been examined in most cases we can offer ‘See & Treat‘ same day anal skin tag removal.
At Cosmedics we have pioneered private anal skin tag removal in London with a combination of surgery and laser under local anaesthetic so it can be done as a walk-in walk-out procedure in about 30 minutes. We aim to remove safely as much of the skin tag or excess skin that is present in the anal area. Patients are then free to go home and carry on life as normal.
Patients are often so surprised how quick and simple the whole process especially when other clinics tend to do this under general anaesthetic in hospitals at 3-4 times the cost.
How painful will it be?
Patients are often worried about stories of pain and long recovery after anal skin tag removal. We often find that the google stories of anal skin removal are done when accompanying haemorrhoid surgery which is just not necessary in most cases where it is purely just excess skin or a tag that is bothersome.
Due to the delicate precision in the way the skin tags are removed, most patients just take simple paracetamol or ibuprofen for a few days and recover within 1-2 weeks.
What are the requirements for aftercare after anal skin tag removal?
- Expect the area to be sore or painful for the first few days. This does then ease off and is supplemented with medication to ensure recovery is comfortable.
- It is best to plan to have a few initial days rest after the procedure.
- Depending on where the skin tag is located, you may be advised to sit in a certain way to avoid putting pressure on any wound for a day or two. This will be explained in the consultation before you decide to go ahead with the treatment.
- Patients are free to carry on with most normal activities after a few days in most cases.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 1-2 weeks to avoid straining the wound although it is important to stay active and a daily gentle walk is recommended to boost your body’s natural circulation and healing.
- Cleanliness is, of course, paramount in the anal area. Bathe or shower daily and use a mild salt wash around the wound.
- Infection is rare as we cover the procedure with antibiotics.
- Going to the toilet afterwards can be painful for a few days to 1-2 weeks depending on how large the removed tags are. Keep a healthy diet high in fibre, fruit and veg to avoid any constipation, as any straining in going to the toilet can put a strain on the wound
Our aftercare guidance and medication ensure your recovery is as comfortable as possible. After the first week, the initial wound should be healing well, but if you have any concerns or queries, please contact the Cosmedics team for further advice.
Will there be dressings to worry about?
Some wounds might have a small temporary dressing while others may be left open from the start. Any requirements in terms of dressings and aftercare will be fully discussed and explained in your consultation, before you decide to go ahead.
What can I expect? Patient’s treatment diary
This patient kindly shared their experience of anal skin tag removal, to help others know what to expect.
Diary of my Bottom!
- Day 1: Felt incredibly nervous about the procedure beforehand. However it was no way near as bad as I had imagined. The local anaesthetic injection was a little uncomfortable but didn’t really hurt. I could not feel anything during the procedure and it was over within a few minutes.
I felt a bit numb in the bottom department for a few hours but there was no pain. I had a gauze padding the area and when I checked this a few hours later there had been some bleeding and weeping. I changed this padding every few hours and found further bleeding and weeping.
- Day 2: Woke up and found there had been a small amount of bleeding overnight but no more than one gauze could absorb.
I went to the toilet for the first time. Worried that this was going to hurt but i was able to go without any pain just felt a bit sore and tender. The wound opened up without any problems although there was a little bit of fresh bleeding. Throughout the day there was a little more fresh bleeding and weeping. Again no pain just felt a little uncomfortable.
- Day 3: No bleeding overnight just weeping and this continued throughout the day. When I went to the toilet there was a little bit of blood but only when going and nothing afterwards. Again no pain but an uncomfortable feeling. Wouldn’t feel up to riding a bike just yet!
- Day 4: Hardly any weeping overnight so did not require any padding throughout the day. There was a tiny bit of bleeding when I went to the toilet but no pain. However area still feeling tender to touch.
- Day 5: No weeping overnight at all so started to apply Vaseline to the area. There was no blood when using the toilet but still felt tender when going. When just walking around could still feel that I had had the procedure.
- Day 6: Back to work today but felt fine and even went to the gym after work. Avoided the exercise bike but running was fine. No pain but was still aware that it was a little tender. No bleeding or weeping.
- Day 7: Felt much better going to the toilet today and only felt tender when wiping.
- Day 8: Again no tenderness when going to the toilet only when wiping. Area continues to heal well.
- Days 9-14: Very similar to day 8.
- Day 15: Area felt almost completely healed and there was no longer tenderness when wiping.
- Day 16: I would say that I was no longer aware that I had had the procedure and felt completely normal when using the toilet.
Results of Treatment:
“I am completely satisfied with how the procedure went. The fact that there was hardly any pain was an unexpected bonus. I would recommend it to anyone thinking about having it done as I now feel so much more hygienic and have bottom confidence again!”
Can I treat anal skin tags at home?
We understand why people might ideally prefer to find a way to deal with skin tags in private areas in their homes. Be warned, however, that diagnosing oneself is not always the best idea. For those who are not familiar with skin tags, it may be possible to confuse them with the symptoms of another disease such as genital warts. As this is a sensitive area and not easy to see what you are doing the best option is to book a consultation with a doctor. In addition, home remedies can be expensive and ineffective. Some may even be harmful. We recommend professional diagnosis and treatment in the patient’s best interests.
I feel too embarrassed to book
We realise this is a sensitive and embarrassing topic and all our staff from the first person you speak to or email have seen and heard it all before so don’t be worried about contacting us for some advice as we are more than happy to help.
If you would like to get some more personal information and advice, please get in touch with our friendly doctors today and we will help you through your journey.
What if I don’t live in London?
We find that patients will travel from all parts of the UK for anal skin tag removal surgery. Our ‘See & Treat’ services means that we can often get it all sorted in one appointment. Let us know if you’re travelling for this procedure and we’ll provide further advice.