Uneven or patchy skin tone, discoloration and complexion
Treatments for Pigmentation
What is pigmentation?
Pigmentation means the colouring of your skin. Hyperpigmentation is a term which refers to darker patches on the skin which can develop due to sun exposure and are more common with age.
Skin pigmentation problems are caused by overproduction of melanin, causing areas of darker colour and issues such as:
- Sun damage – this can range from freckles to sun spots/age spots, to large areas of discolouration
- Melasma and chloasma – patchy areas of pigmentation typically in darker skin types that occur on the forehead and upper lip areas. These often run in families, or can occur as a result of the oral contraceptive pill, and pregnancy
- Post-inflammatory pigmentation – the skin’s reaction to injury or inflammation can be to produce too much pigmentation
These conditions are not worrying but can be a great nuisance to a lot of people.
A good skincare regime will help pigmentation issues
A good skincare regime with enriched vitamin C and a good sunblock may be all that’s required for some people to enjoy an even skin tone. Sun damage in fairer skin types responds well to cosmeceutical skincare products which may contain vitamin A or Hydroquinone.
However, more severe conditions can prove far more difficult to treat. In the long-term, pigmentation problems tend to get worse rather than improving of their own accord.
Treatments and expectations have to considered carefully as the wrong treatment approach could make the pigmentation worse in certain cases. However, the good news is that there are now advanced treatment options that can help to tackle pigmentation problems and promote a clearer and more even skin tone.
All skin types may benefit from professional treatment options using advanced laser.
The treatment time is approximately 15 minutes
The recovery time is minimal. Any redness subsides in hours
The results will be visible in 3-7 days
The effects will last for 4-6 months
Meet your medical team
Request a Callback
One of our dedicated Cosmedics advisors will call you back at a convenient time. You can trust our expertise with:
- Over 18 years of medical excellence;
- Affordable pricing & same day treatments;
- Optimal Covid-19 health & safety;
Always found the Cosmedics team to be genuine, trustworthy and professional. I can honestly say that I have never felt in safer hands and would highly recommend them.