Permanent traces of severe acne
Indentations on the skin
Rough and pitted appearance
Before and after photos
Acne scarring treatment results
Dermaroller treatment for acne scarring, together with dermal fillers for deeper areas
Cheek acne redness - TIXEL treatment results
What Is Acne Scarring?
At Cosmedics, we see many patients troubled by the after-effects of acne. Even after the acne itself has cleared, the scars can cause lasting disfigurement to the appearance of the skin, causing ongoing self-consciousness, low esteem and embarrassment.
Very often the scars are worst on the face, which means that they are visible. The fact that they affect the texture and smoothness of the skin makes them quite difficult to conceal with make-up, as it is the actual surface of the skin that is affected rather than a colouration issue.
If the acne itself is still active, then treatment for that should take priority, to help prevent further formation of long-lasting scars.
Everybody’s skin is different, so it is best to have a consultation with a skin expert for advice on which treatment option or combination of treatments would be most effective. Talk to Cosmedics about the next steps for you.
Types of Acne Scars
Acne scars fall into 4 broad categories with different characteristics. A patient may have one predominent type of scarring, or a mixture of all four.
- Scars are sharp and deep V-shapes
- These may be treated with laser or Dermaroller microneedling for facial or body acne scars
- Scars tend to be square shaped and may often be found on the cheeks and temples
- Medical chemical peels can help to smoothen the surface of the skin
Types of Acne Scars
Understanding the nature of the scars is importing in assessing the best possible treatment
- Scars are wide but not deep, lending an uneven wavy surface to the skin
- These can respond well to laser treatment to improve the texture and surface of the skin
- In this case, scars are raised and lumpy; formed by the more severe acne cysts or spots
- These can be treated with a combination of techniques.
Acne Scarring Treatment
Looking to get rid of acne scars for good?
Treatment for acne scarring is not generally available on the NHS but the treatments above are available at private skin clinics such as Cosmedics in London.
Everybody’s skin is different. Researching online is very helpful to understand the condition, but before selecting a treatment, it is best to have a consultation with a skin expert for advice on which treatment option or combination of treatments would be most effective.
Approximately 15 minutes
Minimal. Any redness subsides in hours
The results will be visible in 3-7 days
The effects will last for 4-6 months
Meet your medical team
Request a Callback
One of our dedicated Cosmedics advisors will call you back at a convenient time. You can trust our expertise with:
- Over 18 years of medical excellence;
- Affordable pricing & same day treatments;
- Optimal Covid-19 health & safety;
Always found the Cosmedics team to be genuine, trustworthy and professional. I can honestly say that I have never felt in safer hands and would highly recommend them.