The Hyperhidrosis Disease Severity Scale (HDSS) grades the sweating problem according to how it affects your life.
- Not affect day to day living
- Sweating is tolerable
- Sweating is a problem but struggling to cope
- Always interferes with daily activities
We would recommend treatment for anyone whose symptoms are disrupting their daily lives.
Ideally, the treatment is for people who:
- constantly worry about the problem
- have to carry supplies (medication, deodorants, extra clothes, powder or pads)
- find it affects confidence and social interaction
- have stained clothing and uncontrollable odour
For further information https://www.sweathelp.org/ and https://hyperhidrosisuk.org/.