Expert Tips on Psoriasis in Cold Weather
As Seen on Heart
Dr Ross Perry provided his expert input for a feature on Heart.co.uk about how the cold weather affects psoriasis and what you can do about it.
Psoriasis is a difficult skin condition that tends to get even worse when the weather turns cold, making the skin especially dry and uncomfortable.
The feature provided tips and advice from experts including Dr Ross Perry, GP and founder of Cosmedics Skin Clinics.
Ross’s tips were:
- Apply suitable moisturiser frequently throughout the day
- Choose something without fragrance or emulsifiers that might irritate the skin
- For severe symptoms, GPs can prescribe topical creams
2. Epsom salt bath
- Hot showers can reduce moisture in the skin
- Soaking in Epsom salts in a warm bath for around 15 minutes can be soothing for psoriasis, easing itching
- It can also help you to unwind and destress
- Bathe 1-2 times a week, and gently pat yourself dry afterwards, don’t rub the skin.
Other expert tips included:
- Try to destress – exercise and meditation can help
- Increase vitamin A (eggs and oily fish). Vitamins E, D and zinc can also help
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate from the inside and help skin cells to stay healthy
Read this article in full
To read more, please visit https://www.heart.co.uk/lifestyle/experts-tips-help-psoriasis-cold-weather/
More expert advice on common skin conditions from Dr Ross Perry in the media:
Dr Ross Perry
Dr Ross Perry regularly provides expert comment and advises the media on a range of skincare and health-related issues.
He has particular expertise in skin surgery mole removal and melanoma; having removed thousands of moles in his career, both within the NHS and privately through Cosmedics Skin Clinics. He has provided expert advice on sun damage and sun protection for a variety of UK media and publications.
He also comments on the latest cosmetic and anti-ageing treatment methods.
Cosmedics Skin Clinics
Cosmedics Skin Clinics was established in 2003 and has built up an excellent reputation for cosmetic and medical treatments, carried out by GMC Registered Doctors. The company offer a full range of cosmetic treatments, including popular lip enhancement and anti-wrinkle injections/fillers; plus medical treatments including mole removal, thread vein treatment and excessive sweating injections.
Cosmedics Skin Clinics has a team of skin treatment doctors and surgeons in their 5 skin clinics across London and Bristol led by Dr Ross Perry.
Call 020 7386 0464 or email email@example.com to book an appointment.
Get In Touch
Please fill in your details and our skin advisors will call you back to give you more information.
You can also add an optional short message and photo of the treatment area.