Click to open this leaflet on Tixel treatment in a new window. You can then view the leaflet or choose to ‘right click’ if you wish to print or save.
Here are some guidelines to help you plan your treatment and recovery from TIXEL:
- Expect to feel a hot ‘sunburnt’ feeling for a couple of hours after treatment
- Redness will last for a few days
- Expect some micro crusting (small scabbing). This will clear after 4-5 days
- Patients should not expect any peeling or blistering
- Patients will need to purchase some aftercare products. We will advise on this at your appointment
- Makeup can be used after 48 hours to cover your skin while healing continues. We suggest mineral makeup.
- Patients can expect to see a difference after 1 treatment, but we recommend a course of 3-5 sessions for optimal results
- Results can be seen 4-6 weeks after treatment
- TIXEL treatment cannot be used while pregnant or breastfeeding
- Your skin will need to be free from active tan for 3 weeks prior to treatment and will require strong sun protection for 3 weeks following treatment
The TIXEL® machine features a bio-compatible, sterile titanium tip which is heated to 400 degrees C. The tip is approximately 1 cm square and contains 9 columns and 9 rows of tiny pyramids (totalling 81).
The tip makes brief contact with the skin, where it transfers thermal energy to the upper skin layers, creating micron sized pores.
The energy transfer can be controlled according to the treatment area and condition being treated. This is adjusted by varying the tip’s skin exposure time as well as its thermal conductivity.