Before and after photos
Miss M.G. mole removal for a cosmetic mole on her cheek. The mole was removed by shave excision.
Shave excision removal of a large mole on the right lip
Forehead mole removed using shave excision.
Mole on the lower cheek removed by shave excision.
This patient had sun damage brown spots removed with Harmony laser. The mole was surgically removed by Dr Ross Perry.
Shave excisions are the easiest and commonest form of mole removal for moles that protrude from the skin.
They involve a tiny painless injection of local anaesthetic just under the mole to numb just that part of the skin.
A special surgical removal technique is then used plane down the mole or lesion so it is flat on the skin.
Mole Removal by Shaving Costs from £310
Add £160 each for additional mole.
- takes a few minutes to perform
- no stitches required
- takes just 7-10 days to heal
- only leaves a tiny mark
Most patients cannot believe how quick and easy it is and often wished they had done it sooner.
If the moles are in any way worrying or we feel that a better cosmetic outcome could be achieved, we would perform an ellipse excision surgical procedure.
For more before & after photos, please see our comprehensive gallery.
* Histology or mole testing – It is our policy that ALL moles are sent for testing for ultimate peace of mind. This involves the mole that is removed is sent to another laboratory where it is examined by a doctor to ensure all the layers of the skin are normal. Very occasionally even moles that look fine after removal can be found to have abnormalities lower down. This microscopic histopathology testing is the only 100% guarantee the mole is normal.
** Doctor consultations are purely for the moles’ patients request to have assessed for removal and do not constitute a full body mole check. This is available as a separate service for a top-to-toe review of your skin and identification of any worrying lesions.
Prices listed are a guide to the costs and the exact price can only be determined once the doctor has examined the mole and advice given as to the best way of removal. Larger and more complex moles are likely to incur a higher fee.
Our team not only uses the best and latest mole removal procedures but our aftercare protocol ensures quick healing and minimal scarring.
As part of our aftercare, we recommend the use of Kelo-cote UV silicone scar gel that is clinically proven to reduce scarring and protects the healing wound from sunlight.
Cosmedics now stock this product with UV protection which protects the healing wound from sunlight (which can delay healing).
This means mole removal is ideal all year round with this added sun protection and you can be sure you are getting the best outcome possible.
Aftercare for Mole Removal by Shave Excision
The information below is an aftercare guide to shave excisions. For those with stitches (ellipse excisions please see guidance in the relevant section)
After the procedure, the area will remain numb for 2-3 hours. After this, the anaesthetic will wear off and the wound will feel like a graze. Simple paracetamol or ibuprofen for 1-2 days will minimize any discomfort.
What to Expect after Mole Removal
Mole Healing Day by Day
- Day 1-3 you can expect the area to be red and the edges slightly inflamed and raised. This normal as it is part of the healing process. Any discomfort should be getting slowly better. If it is getting significantly worse let us know.
- Day 3-10 the wound will have red edges with a yellow-green centre to it that is part of the normal healing process
- Day 10-14 wound will appear red and last areas of healing will slowly close over
- Day 14- 28 the wound will be red but healing well and according to how well you heal will start to fade and flatten out.
- Month 1-3 the area will start to fade from a red colour to pinkish. If the wound is getting lumpy or raised this is unlikely to be the mole re-growing but possibly the wound overhealing in which case contact us and we can review the area. Simply massage with bio-oil and applying silicon gels (dermatix or kelocote) often help minimize the scarring.
- Month 3-9 the scar tissue will start remodelling and fading to lighter skin colour with less redness. Occasionally some pigmentation/colouration can reappear and if this happens and is significant contact us and we can remove this colouration if it is of concern.
A few minutes
7-10 days to heal
|Moles||Surgery Cost||Histology* Cost||Total Cost
The cost of mole removal is totally inclusive of local anaesthetic, dressings and any follow-up required. We recommend histology/testing of moles in all cases*.
Doctor Consultation** £50:
Prices for treatments carried out in the same appointment as the consultation will include the £50 consultation fee (note: same-day procedures are only undertaken where the procedure is deemed appropriate to do so AND the patient understands the full extent of the costs, risks and potential side effects and is consenting to proceed on that knowledge).
Shave Excision +/- Laser – no stitches, minimal scarring, pain-free. This is the most common procedure we use.
Shave Excision Mole Removal Videos
Dr Ross Perry demonstrates removal of a large and hairy facial mole from the upper lip. Dr Perry using shave excision surgery – a fast and pain-free method for minimal scarring results – then cauterised the area using a special device to stop the bleeding. Thanks to local anaesthetic it was completely pain-free. The patient was thrilled on seeing her reflection in the mirror with the mole gone. She says:
“So so happy that I got this done, I literally got this done just now. I did not feel a thing, literally nothing. I was shaking beforehand. It was done within minutes. I’m so glad I’ve got it done, I should have got it done so long much earlier. You will not regret it.”
What our patients say
Meet your medical team
Request a Callback
One of our dedicated Cosmedics advisors will call you back at a convenient time. You can trust our expertise with:
- Over 18 years of medical excellence;
- Affordable pricing & same day treatments;
- Optimal Covid-19 health & safety;
Always found the Cosmedics team to be genuine, trustworthy and professional. I can honestly say that I have never felt in safer hands and would highly recommend them.
Your Shave Excision Mole Removal questions answered
Should I expect any bleeding?
There may be a small amount of oozing into the dressing but if it more than that pressure should be applied to the area with a tissue for 10-20 minutes until it has stopped. Should it continue or the area get painful please contact us.
Will I get any bruising?
Yes some bruising in the area is quite normal. This normally takes 7-14 days to settle and gentle massage and arnica cream can help speed up the recovery.
Can I wash as normal?
Yes you can but be careful to keep the area dry for the first 2-3 days and avoid soaking the area ie long baths or swimming for 7 days.
Can I take painkillers?
Yes simple paracetamol and ibuprofen are sufficient especially in the first 1-2 days. Thereafter any discomfort should decrease.
Can I do exercise?
Our advice is for smaller wounds it is best to leave for a 2-3 days but gentle walking etc is ok. If it is an area that rubs against the wound leave for 7-10 days.