Where they are raised, they can be a problem with shaving and even more noticeable. Hairy moles are particularly difficult for both men and women.
- age – they can increase as we get older and/or become more prominentFacial moles tend to be associated with:
- family history – if relatives were ‘moley’ then you are more likely to be too
- sun exposure – the UVA/UVB rays can also be a factor
Mole Removal on the Face
Although the NHS will not generally remove moles without a medical concern, private mole removal offers a solution.
Cosmedics’ doctors use laser mole removal and skin surgery techniques for minimal scarring. The procedure is quick and pain-free and often can be done on the same day as the appointment.
Facial mole removal costs from only £310 at our clinics
Call our friendly team today on 0207 386 0464 and see if this something that could help you too.
Most facial moles can be removed using laser or shave excision surgery, which requires no stitches:
|Moles||Surgery Cost||Histology* Cost||Total Cost|
Larger moles or certain flat or suspicious moles may be better treated using Ellipse Excision, a technique that requires stitches (dissolvable in most cases).
This costs from £450 plus £85 histology per mole (total £535). See Mole Removal for more Ellipse Excision prices
* Histology or mole testing – It is our policy that ALL mole specimens deemed appropriate are sent for testing for patient safety, good clinical practice and ultimate peace of mind.
This involves the mole that is removed being sent to another laboratory where it is examined by a doctor to ensure all the layers of the skin are normal. Very occasionally even moles that look fine after removal can be found to have abnormalities lower down. This microscopic histopathology testing is the only 100% guarantee the mole is normal.
- Prices above are a guide to the costs and the exact price can only be determined once the doctor has examined the mole and advice given as to the best way of removal. Larger and more complex moles are likely to incur a higher fee.
- Doctor consultations are purely for the moles patients request to have assessed for removal and do not constitute a full body mole check. This is available as a separate service for a top-to-toe review of your skin and identification of any worrying lesions. Prices for treatments carried out in the same appointment as the consultation will include the £50 consultation fee (**note: ‘See and treat’ same day procedures are only undertaken where the procedure is deemed appropriate to do so AND the patient understands the full extent of the costs, risks and potential side effects and is consenting to proceed on that knowledge)
“Dr Ross and Dr Smith have both been exceptional.
“I have a face that is transformed and healing beautifully. Their aftercare was superb, realistic – in terms of what to expect and healing time.
“I am also feeling confident. Why did I live with the moles on my face for so long!
“Its defo a new me. I felt reassured by their knowledge and expertise, the options they gave me and the management of my expectations.
“They wanted to get it right because it was my face. Also, Dr Ross was keen to be cost effective for me and went out of his way to facilitate the histology testing so I wouldn’t be double charged. Dr Bella was careful and cautious and has great pastoral skills. She did a beautiful job on a tough removal and I know it was stressful. Particularly because it took longer than planned and there was a queue of other people waiting… she didn’t rush me though.
“In terms of the front office and support staff, they are all friendly, supportive, efficient, reassuring and well turned out. Great system in place for appointment checks and the layout and design, interiors make for a very comfortable, dare I say “enjoyable” experience.
“I will come back, for any treatment in the future. I took my Mum with me on the first appointment and she was equally impressed and open to make changes herself instead of living with things that get her down.
“Jacqueline at front office was particularly (in my mind) a staff member who shone and went out of her way to get me an appointment with Dr Ross sooner. Also, she was comforting during the stress of having something done to my face that I had been so conscious about. She is an asset to you.”