Before & After Non-Surgical Chin Filler Results
Chin reshaping dermal fillers to improve the projection and balance of the face
Lip and chin filler to replace the collagen loss due the ageing for a rejuvenating result
Why choose chin fillers?
Chin fillers are generally recommended for individuals who want to enhance their chin appearance.
They can be used to improve the facial balance and symmetry, especially where the patient has a ‘weak chin’ which is recessive. Enhancing the chin can make a significant difference to the side profile.
The procedure may also be chosen to reduce the appearance of wrinkles or fine lines in the chin area.
How does chin filler work?
Chin filler is a cosmetic procedure that uses injectable dermal fillers to add volume to the chin. The fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, a substance that is naturally found in the body. When injected into the chin, the filler can help to improve the shape of the chin, make it appear more defined, and balance the facial features.
Chin filler is a minimally invasive procedure, which means that there is minimal risk and minimal downtime involved. The filler is injected into the chin using a super-fine needle. The amount of filler that is injected will vary depending on the desired results, but it often takes surprisingly little product to achieve a noticeable improvement. The procedure usually takes around 30 minutes to complete.
The results of chin filler using hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are temporary. This is preferable to the permanent and silicone based products that were problematic a few years ago. The filler will eventually be absorbed by the body and the results will fade. If you are happy with the results, you can have the procedure repeated to maintain the desired look.
What are the benefits of chin filler?
There are many benefits of chin filler enhancement. Some of the most common benefits include:
- Increased projection: Chin filler can be used to add projection to the chin, which can make the face look more defined and sculpted. Can improve the appearance of a receding chin and/or make a small chin look larger
- Improved facial symmetry: A well-defined chin can help to balance the face and create a more symmetrical appearance. Can improve the overall balance of the face
- Enhanced aesthetics: Many people believe that a well-defined chin is a sign of beauty. Chin filler can help to achieve this look and make you feel more confident in your appearance. They can help to define the chin.
- Improved self-esteem: People who are self-conscious about their chin feel may better about themselves after chin filler enhancement.
Chin fillers vs chin implants
In USA, chin implants have historically been used to create a more chiselled look. These have never been as popular in the UK.
Chin implants are made of a synthetic material, such as silicone or Gore-Tex. They are surgically placed under the chin to add volume and improve the shape. By comparison, chin fillers are made of a substance that is naturally found in the body, i.e. hyaluronic acid. They are injected into the chin to add volume and improve the shape.
Here are some of the advantages of chin fillers:
- Minimally invasive: Non-surgical procedure, carried out by injecting into the chin using a small needle, so there is no need for surgery. This means that there is less downtime and a lower risk of complications.
- Reversible: If you are not happy with the results of chin filler, the filler can be dissolved/reversed in a relatively straightforward procedure
- Safe: Any surgical procedure carries a certain amount of risk. Non-surgical procedures are a lot safer in general. In addition, with regard to chin implants, there is a risk of infection due to the insertion of a foreign body.
- Price: Chin filler is a lot less expensive than chin implants.
- Natural look: Chin implants can look more dramatic, but can also look unnatural. Chin fillers tend to achieve a softer and more natural look.
- Recovery time: Chin fillers have little to no downtime. Recovery from chin implant surgery is much more onerous, due to the need to recover from anaesthetic as well as precautions required to aid healing and avoid infection.
Chin fillers take a matter of minutes
Better balanced profile
15-18 months for the full result and up to 2 years before the fillers have completely dissipated.
Chin Fillers Costs
|Chin fillers with advanced dermal fillers||from £500|
Chin Fillers Consultation
The cost of consultation with our doctors is £75. This is redeemable against the cost of treatment carried out on the same day.
Prices are a guide to the costs and the exact price can only be determined once the doctor has examined you in person.
Chin Fillers At Cosmedics
What our patients say
Meet your medical team
Get In Touch
Please fill in your details and our skin advisors will call you back to give you more information.
You can also add an optional short message.
Chin Fillers FAQ: Questions & Answers
Who is a good candidate for chin fillers?
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your chin, you may be a good candidate for chin fillers.
Chin fillers are a good option for people who have a small or receding chin, or for people who want to improve the symmetry of their face.
How long does the procedure take?
The actual injection of chin fillers can take as little as 10-15 minutes, but the entire appointment may take up to an hour to allow for consultation and preparation.
What product is used for this procedure?
Are chin fillers painful?
The most painful part of the process is the insertion of the needle, which can cause mild discomfort. The doctor may use a topical numbing cream to minimise even this discomfort.
Once the needle is inserted, the actual injection of filler is made pain-free as the dermal fillers used contain a local anaesthetic.
How long do chin filler results last?
The full result will normally last around 15-18 months. Eventually, the results ‘fade’ as the fillers break down within the skin. This is a natural and gradual process. We recommend a repeat treatment before results have completely disappeared. You don’t need to wait for one treatment to fully wear off before having it redone.
Do chin fillers help to rejuvenate the face?
Chin enhancement can help to provide better definition around the facial contours, especially the jawline. It is not really akin to a face lift, but it can help to freshen up the look.
A face lift is a more comprehensive treatment as it considers the whole of the face rather than just one area.
Our 8-point facelift uses advanced dermal fillers in 8 strategic positions. This does give a noticeable lift to the entire face, from top to bottom (forehead to jawline). More information at 8 point face lift.
Do chin fillers move around?
Once injected, dermal fillers should not move around under the skin. Once it is position it will stay there until it naturally breaks down.
What are the possible side effects of chin fillers?
Common side effects include swelling, bruising, redness, and tenderness at the injection site. These are relatively minor and pass within a few days.
More serious side effects such as infection, nerve damage, or an allergic reaction are rare but possible.