Heart: How to Cure a Hangover
How to Cure a Hangover
Heart’s feature on how to cure a hangover included information and tips from medical professionals including Cosmedics founder Dr Ross Perry, who is often asked by leading UK media to comment on health issues.
As a practising GP, Dr Ross Perry is renowned for his sensible advice, grounded in medical expertise.
Heart’s feature included advice on tried and tested methods for dealing with a hangover as well as some more unusual suggestions.
Dr Ross Perry’s tip came top of the list. He says that instead of reaching for a fizzy drink, a green juice is a better option because:
“…it tastes good and is packed full of healthy fruit and vegetables, which aids hydration”
5 Hangover Tips
The article featured 5 tips from medical experts:
- Choose green juice instead of fizzy drinks – as recommended by Dr Ross Perry
- Rehydrate by drinking water before going to bed. If you wake with w morning hangover, rehydration sachets such as Dioralyte can help to rehydrate and replenish salts more quickly
- Soluble paracetamol is better than aspirin or ibuprofen – it will work quickly without irritating the stomach
- Milk thistle tablets is an old herbal remedy which can work to protect and repair liver tissue if taken regularly before and after drinking
- Avoid fatty foods as your body will struggle to process them in addition to already dealing with alcohol toxins
Read this article in full
To read more, please visit https://www.heart.co.uk/lifestyle/health-fitness/best-hangover-cures-tips-tricks-medical/
Dr Ross Perry
Ross qualified at Guy’s & St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School in 1994. His career includes NHS skin cancer reconstruction, work as a GP, as well as private cosmetic skin treatments.
He established Cosmedics Skin Clinics in 2003 and remains in charge as Medical Director. He is renowned for natural-looking use of non-surgical cosmetic injections (BOTOX® Anti-Wrinkle Injections and Facial Fillers) and also very well known for dealing with unwanted skin lesions and blemishes (e.g. moles, cysts, warts skin tags).
Dr Ross Perry is frequently called upon by the media for his expert insights and comments on skin and beauty-related issues.
Cosmedics Skin Clinics
Cosmedics Skin Clinics was established in 2003 and has built up an excellent reputation for cosmetic and medical skin treatments, carried out by GMC Registered Doctors. The company offer a full range of cosmetic treatments, including popular lip enhancement and wrinkle relaxing injections, dermal fillers; plus medical treatments including mole removal, thread vein treatment and excessive sweating injections.
Cosmedics Skin Clinics has a team of skin treatment doctors and surgeons in their 5 skin clinics across London and Bristol led by Dr Ross Perry.
Call 020 7386 0464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
Get In Touch
Please fill in your details and our skin advisors will call you back to give you more information.
You can also add an optional short message and photo of the treatment area.