Common Places for Skin Tags
Common Skin Tag Areas
Skin tags are very common small, soft skin growths that can appear. They are medically harmless, but aesthetically are generally unwelcome for their unusual and untidy protruding appearance.
Skin tags can appear pretty much anywhere on the body or face, but the 5 most common sites for skin tags are:
- eyelids – on the upper or lower eyelid, where they can cause great irritation in blinking and eye movement
- neck – especially in any folds of skin or areas of friction e.g. collar line
- underarm area – where the armpits rub
- groin – both for women or men, skin tags in the groin area are quite common. This is not a STD issue, but can cause great embarrassment nonetheless
- breasts – on or beneath the breasts, especially for those with larger breasts which are more prone to friction from movement
Skin tags unfortunately don’t tend to disappear of their own accord, but they can be removed with a choice of treatments, depending on the size and location of the tag itself. Doctors at Cosmedics Skin Clinics offer cryotherapy (freezing), surgical excision or laser treatment. Removing a skin tag does not cause more to grow and is a surprisingly quick procedure, made painless by the use of a small amount of local anaesthetic.
Cosmedics Skin Clinics
Cosmedics Skin Clinics were established in 2003 and have over 10 years’ experience providing cosmetic and medical skin treatments.
They are renowned for removal of unwanted and irritating skin lesions including:
- Mole removal
- Skin tags
- Sebaceous Cysts
All these procedures are carried out by highly experienced doctors who have been coached in Medical Director Dr Ross Perry’s own techniques and principles.
Call 020 7386 0464 for an appointment or email email@example.com for further information.
Request a Callback
One of our dedicated Cosmedics advisors will call you back at a convenient time. You can trust our expertise with:
- Over 17 years of medical excellence;
- Affordable pricing & same day treatments;
- Optimal Covid-19 health & safety;
Always found the Cosmedics team to be genuine, trustworthy and professional. I can honestly say that I have never felt in safer hands and would highly recommend them.