FRCS MSc Dip(MedEd) MBBS
Mr Shashank Gurjar (Shanks) is a consultant general & colorectal surgeon with substantive NHS post and private practice at London independent hospitals.
His areas of expertise includes treatments for mild to severe haemorrhoids / piles (banding, rafaelo and surgery) , anal skin tags, warts as well as anal fissures. He is an accredited endoscopist with expertise in colonoscopy and polypectomy. He also treats for patients in hospital settings for colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease as well as general coloproctology.
He has an active research interest in clinical surgery and has published various papers in peer-reviewed journals. He is an MRCS examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons and actively trains young surgeons in laparoscopic keyhole surgery, as well as teaching medical students.
Mr Gurjar ensures that all his patients have a high quality, evidence-based approach to their care and is able to offer consultations and treatments at Harley Street and the City clinics for Cosmedics.
GMC number: 4448459
- Haemorrhoid treatment – one of the first in the UK to offer Rafaelo radiofrequency treatment, which can be carried out under local anaesthetic
- Non-surgical haemorrhoid treatment
- Anal fissures
- Anal skin tags
- Anal warts
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS)
- European Society of Coloproctology (ESCP)
- Association of Coloproctology GB and Ireland (ACPGBI)
- MRCS Examiner (Royal College of Surgeons of England)
- Former General Medical Council Investigations Committee Panellist
- Indwelling trans-anastomotic rectal tubes in colorectal surgery – a survey of usage in UK and Ireland SV Gurjar, MJ Forshaw, N Akhtar, M Stewart, MC Parker Colorectal Dis. 2007 Jan; 9 (1): 47-51
- Working time changes: A raw deal for emergency operative training SV Gurjar, AJ McIrvine Annals of Royal College of Surgeons of England (Bulletin) Vol 87, 140-141, 2005
- Ileo-anal pouch necrosis secondary to small bowel volvulus: A case report S Patel, G Salotera, SV Gurjar, J Hewes, I Ahmed, B Andrews World J Emerg Surg. 2008 May 30; 3:18
- Making the most of theatre time M Heetun, SV Gurjar Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2008 Oct; 69(10): M154-5
- Morning or afternoon emergency list? Effects on service provision & training V Trompetas, SV Gurjar, A Sandison, M Saunders Int J Surg. 2009 Feb; 7(1):28-30. Epub 2008 Oct 10
- Optimising general surgical outpatient clinic use: a surgical perspective SV Gurjar, S Patel Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2009 Feb; 70(2):64-5
- Mycotic aneurysm of the posterior tibial artery – A rare complication of bacterial endocarditis: a case report S Patel, N D’Souza, SV Gurjar, J Hewes, W Edrees J Med Case Reports 2008 Nov 6; 2(1):341
- Invasive lobular cancer and re-do surgery – extent of the problem! H Hoque, N Ahmad, H Sran, S Patel, S Gurjar, D Kulkarni EJC Supplements 2008; 6(7):133-133
- Outpatient surgical follow-up: are we using this resource effectively? SV Gurjar, D Kulkarni, H Khawaja Int J Surg. 2009 Feb; 7(1):62-5. Epub 2008 Oct 30
- A rare case of intra-cardiac metastasis from an appendiceal carcinoid tumour without liver metastases S Patel, SV Gurjar, M Heetun, S Szakacs Int J Colorectal Dis. 2009 Aug; 24(8):993-4
- An unusual gall-bladder polyp – site of metastatic renal cell carcinoma: a case report S Patel, B Zebian, SV Gurjar, N Pavithran, K Singh, T Liston and J Grant Cases Journal 2009 Oct 29; 2:172
- Small intestinal strictures as a complication of mesenteric vessel thrombosis: two case reports S Patel, SV Gurjar Journal of Medical Case Reports 2009, 3:8623
- Laparoscopic stoma formation – a suitable training procedure SV Gurjar, S Patel, Z Syed, P Gandhi Int J Surg 2010: Jan 8(7):529-31
- General surgical adverse events in a UK district general hospital: lessons to learn SV Gurjar, S Roshanzamir, S Patel, G Harinath Int J Surg 2011: Sept 9(1): 55-8
- Physiology: evacuation, pelvic floor & continence mechanisms SV Gurjar, OM Jones Surgery 2011: 8; 358-361
- Abdominal actinomycosis after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: an uncommon presentation of an uncommon problem J Tankel, SV Gurjar, N Holford, S Williams Oxford Medical Case Reports 2015(2), 185-187
- A regional assessment of perineal wound complications after abdomino-perineal excision of rectum N Sengupta, J Tankel, SV Gurjar et al East of England Surgical Research Collaborative. Gut 2015; 64: A150-A151
- Operative Surgery of the Colon, Rectum and Anus (6th Edition) – 2014 Chapter – Proctosigmoidoscopy by SV Gurjar, I Lindsey
What our customers say
Get In Touch
Please fill in your details and our skin advisors will call you back to give you more information.
You can also add an optional short message.