Treatment to smooth out temple hollows
What are temple hollows and why do I have them?
Temple hollows are areas of the temples that appear sunken or concave. This condition can be caused by a number of factors, including:
- Age: As we age, we lose fat and collagen in our faces, which can lead to the development of temple hollows.
- Genetics: Some people are simply more prone to developing temple hollows than others.
- Weight loss: Rapid weight loss can also lead to the development of temple hollows.
- Smoking: Smoking can damage collagen and elastin in the skin, which can contribute to the development of temple hollows.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as osteoporosis and thyroid problems, can also lead to the development of temple hollows.
Temple hollows can make the face look older and tired. They can also make the eyes look sunken and the forehead look wider. It’s an area where non-surgical treatment can make a big difference.
What are the treatment options for temple hollows?
There are a number of treatments available for temple hollows, including:
- Dermal fillers: Dermal fillers are injectable substances that can be used to add volume to the temples. This can help to fill in the hollows and create a more youthful appearance.
- Thread lifts: Thread lifts are a procedure that can be used to lift and tighten the skin around the temples. This can help to reduce the appearance of temple hollows.
- Fat transfer: Fat transfer is a surgical procedure that can be used to transfer fat from one part of the body to the temples. This can help to fill in the hollows and create a more natural-looking appearance.
Of these options, dermal fillers tends to be the preferred. It is faster, cheaper and usually also more effective than the alternatives.
A thread lift may be considered for a fuller facial rejuvenating lift and this is also available at our London clinics.
We do not recommend fat transfer.
What Can Tear Trough Treatment Help With?
Temple hollow treatment can help with a number of things, including:
- Improving the appearance of the temples: Temple hollows can make the face look older and tired. Temple hollow treatment can help to fill in the hollows and create a more youthful appearance.
- Lifting the eyebrows: Temple hollow treatment can also help to lift the eyebrows, which can open up the eyes and make the face look more awake.
- Restoring balance to the face: Temple hollows can sometimes make the face look unbalanced. Temple hollow treatment can help to restore balance to the face and create a more symmetrical appearance.
- Boosting self-confidence: Temple hollows can sometimes make people feel self-conscious about their appearance. Temple hollow treatment can help to improve self-confidence and make people feel more comfortable in their own skin.
Temple hollow treatment is a safe and effective way to improve the appearance of the temples.
Very quick - the consultation takes longer than the treatment itself
Fresher, more youthful looking eye area
15-18 months for the full result; up to 2 years before the fillers have completely dissipated
Tear Trough Treatment Costs
|Cost of Treatment
|Tear Troughs||from £500
Tear Troughs Consultation
The cost of consultation with our doctors is £75. This is redeemable against the cost of treatment carried out on the same day.
Prices are a guide to the costs and the exact price can only be determined once the doctor has examined you in person.
Tear Trough Treatment At Cosmedics
What our patients say
Meet your medical team
Get In Touch
Please fill in your details and our skin advisors will call you back to give you more information.
You can also add an optional short message.
Temple Hollows FAQ: Questions & Answers
How long will results of temple hollows treatment last?
The results of treatment usually last well over a year, as we use a premium longer lasting filler for best results.
However, it is important to note that temple hollow treatment is not a cure for aging. As people age, they will continue to lose fat and collagen in their faces, which can lead to further signs of ageing.
Does temple hollows treatment hurt?
If you haven’t had treatment in this area before, you may be concerned about discomfort. Rest assured, the types of fillers used at Cosmedics Skin Clinics contain a local anaesthetic, so apart from the initial ‘prick’ of the needle, your procedure will be very comfortable indeed. We use super-fine needles, so this aspect is also comfortable. We can also offer numbing to minimise any discomfort at all.
When can I return to work?
In most cases we would say the following day, but do expect some initial puffiness.
For a big social event we would recommend at least a week before, to ensure that everything has settled down in good time.
Are temple hollows fillers good for reducing wrinkles?
Temple hollows fillers are intended to smooth out depressions on the temples by the eyes. The treatment focuses on the hollow area, rather than on smaller lines and wrinkles. However, the treatment can make wrinkles less noticeable, as it gives a general improvement for a nice aesthetic result.
Can I use temple hollows fillers to make my eyes look bigger?
No, temple hollows fillers cannot directly make your eyes look bigger. However, they can help to lift the eyebrows, which can open up the eyes and make them look brighter and more youthful.
Can temple hollows treatment work to prevent the hollows forming?
Temple hollow fillers is most effective at smoothing out existing hollows. You don’t want to overfill the area as it may look swollen or unnatural.
AFTERCARE INFORMATION – Dermal Fillers
For detailed information: