Marionette Lines Treatment
Why am I developing mouth to chin lines?
Marionette lines run in a downwards direction between the mouth and chin. The name comes from marionette/string puppets, which can often have pronounced lines in the same place.
They are occur with the natural process. We all develop facial wrinkles with natural aging as the skin loses volume, hydration and elasticity. Some people are more susceptible to them than others. Facial structure and genetics plays a role here – if your predecessors had marionette lines then you may have inherited them. Lifestyle factors such as smoking, drinking and sun exposure can also have an effect in accelerating the development of marionette lines, as they do with many of the other signs of ageing.
Marionette lines can be particularly annoying as they accentuate a saggy look in the lower half of your face. In addition, they can make you look a bit sad or annoyed, as they can pull the corner of the mouth downwards.
Why choose marionette lines fillers?
If you dislike the way your lower face looks, then addressing marionette lines could help. There’s no need to have a face lift, as the latest dermal fillers offer a quick, reliable and cost-effective solution for marionette line treatment.
At Cosmedics Skin Clinics, the team uses the latest advanced dermal fillers. These contain hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance. The filler adds and retain volume within the skin, making it a highly effective treatment for this area.
Marionette lines treatment is very straightforward. Dermal filler gel is injected directly into the creases and folds between the mouth and chin, where it replenishes lost volume for a rejuvenated appearance. The fillers immediately blend out the lines and creases for a very natural result.
This treatment is fast and pain-free. Results last around 18 months and the treatment can be repeated when necessary in order to maintain the benefit and results of treatment.
'See & Treat'
Cosmedics Skin Clinics offers marionette lines dermal fillers in the same appointment as the consultation, so there’s no need to rebook or return for a separate visit. If you want to go ahead after consultation, the treatment can be done there and then with no fuss. If you’re not sure, there’s no pressure at all, just book whenever you’re ready.
15-30 minutes for injections after consultation
15-18 months for the full result
Marionette Lines Filler Costs
|Marionette lines - mouth to chin||from £530-£630
Dermal Fillers Consultation
The cost of consultation with our doctors is £75. This is redeemable against the cost of treatment carried out on the same day.
Prices are a guide to the costs and the exact price can only be determined once the doctor has examined you in person.
Marionette Lines Fillers At Cosmedics Skin Clinics
What our patients say
Meet your medical team
Get In Touch
Please fill in your details and our skin advisors will call you back to give you more information.
You can also add an optional short message.
Marionette LinesFillers FAQ: Questions & Answers
What are the treatment options for marionette lines?
If you google online information, you’ll find a number of potential treatment options for marionette lines, including:
- Dermal fillers: Revolumising treatment injected into the skin to plump up the area and smooth out the lines.
- Botox: Injections to relax the muscles to relax them and prevent them from contracting, which can help to reduce the appearance of lines related to overactivity/movement.
- Laser resurfacing: Laser resurfacing is a procedure that uses lasers to remove the top layer of skin. This can help to smooth out the skin and reduce the appearance of lines. Tends to be better suited to finer lines.
- Radiofrequency treatment: Uses heat to stimulate collagen production, which can help to plump up the skin and reduce the appearance of lines.
- Facelift: A facelift is a surgical procedure that can help to lift and tighten the skin in the lower face, which can help to reduce the appearance of marionette lines.
Based on their experience, your Aesthetic Doctor will recommend the most appropriate treatment based on assessment of your skin and understanding of your needs.
Will marionette lines get worse if I don’t have treatment?
The main risk of not treating marionette lines is that they will become more pronounced over time. This can make you look older and can make you feel self-conscious about your appearance. Patients also struggle with the fact that marionette lines can give them facial expressions that they don’t feel. They may inadvertently look angry, moody or sad. This can be very frustrating and is a common reason for seeking treatment.
What are the benefits of treating marionette lines?
The main benefit of treating marionette lines is cosmetic. The treatment is designed to smooth out ageing creases, leaving you with a younger and more refreshed look. This can also help to improve your self-confidence. The reduction of deep lines/creases can also help with makeup.
What is the downtime for this treatment?
Most people can resume regular activities immediately after treatment. Some redness, swelling, and bruising may occur but typically subsides within a few days.
Are there any risks or complications associated with this treatment?
As with any medical procedure, there are some risks and potential complications. The most common issues are temporary redness, swelling or bruising. More serious issues such as infection and allergic reactions are rare. These can be minimised by going to a medically trained and experienced injector.
How long do the results of treatment last?
The results of treatment for marionette lines can vary. Dermal fillers typically last for 6-12 months, Botox typically lasts for 3-6 months, and laser resurfacing, radiofrequency treatment, and facelifts can last for several years.
- Dermal fillers: Typically 6-12 months for standard fillers, 15-18 months for longer-lasting premium fillers.
- Botox: Typically 3-6 months
- Laser resurfacing/radiofrequency: Depending on how aggressive the treatment is, benefits may last a few months or several years.
- Facelift: A facelift is permanent and the removal of excess/loose skin is irreversible in itself. However, the face will continue to age, so further development of lines/wrinkles is to be expected
Are there any risks associated with treatment for marionette lines?
All treatments for marionette lines have some risks. The most common issues are temporary and localised redness, bruising and swelling.
Dermal fillers can also cause allergic reactions and complications/infection, although these are rare. Risks and complications will be fully explained prior to carrying out treatment.
Is there anything I can do to prevent marionette lines?
General anti-ageing advice can help to delay or minimise further development of marionette lines, including:
- Wear sunscreen: Sun exposure is a major cause of skin aging, so it is important to wear sunscreen every day, even on cloudy days.
- Quit smoking: Smoking damages collagen and elastin, which are the proteins that give skin its strength and elasticity.
- Make facial expressions in moderation: Excessive facial expressions can contribute to the formation of marionette lines.
- Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep helps to reduce stress, which can contribute to the formation of wrinkles.
- Eat a healthy diet: A healthy diet can help to keep your skin looking its best.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water helps to keep your skin hydrated and plump.
AFTERCARE INFORMATION – Dermal Fillers
For detailed information: