The Telegraph looked into the issue of rosacea diagnosis and treatment with expert advice from skin expert Dr Ross Perry.
The feature explained that rosacea could be affecting many people who’d simply dismissed it as a mid-life crisis of the skin as the article explains:
“It’s an uncomfortable, unsightly, yet common skin condition that many midlife women are ignoring or misdiagnosing…”
Experts believe that rosacea could be quite significantly underdiagnosed and misunderstood.
Symptoms can include:
- Flushing/redness which can become prolonged and easily irritated
- Sensitivity to triggers e.g. sunlight, spicy food, hot drinks, alcohol, pollution, exercise/heat, chemicals
- Dry-feeling, tight, itchy skin
- Thickening skin
- Burning and stinging
- Raised red bumps (papules) or pus-filled swellings (pustules)
- Broken blood vessels (telangiectasia)
- Dry, sore eyes.
Dr Ross Perry, founder of Cosmedics Skin Clinics, was asked to share his advice. He said:
“Although rosacea is stubborn and can’t be cured, it can be well managed.
“Your doctor may prescribe a course of low-dose antibiotics for two to three months, especially if your rosacea is the papule/pustule type. You may also be given a topical antibiotic cream such as metronidazol (Rosex).”
Other advice includes:
- Avoiding things that trigger rosacea
- Finding a suitable skincare regime
Read this article in full
To read more, please visit https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/body/midlife-skin-crisis-actually-rosacea/ (registration/subscription required to view in full. Register to access 1 free article every week).
at London Beauty Centres
Depending on the nature of the rosacea, professional treatments and/or skin care regimes may be of benefit. The Harley Street and Putney clinics offer a number of options including:
- Laser therapy – to promote healing, reduce redness/inflammation and treat facial veins/vessels
- Murad Redness Therapy Facial – to soothe and hydrate, alleviating irritation and sensitivity
- ZO Skin Health – cosmeceutical skincare regime with active ingredients which can improve even difficult skin conditions
The best treatment approach depends on the individual case. Please contact our team for advice.
Dr Ross Perry
Dr Ross Perry regularly provides expert comment and advises the media on a range of skincare and health-related issues.
He has particular expertise in skin surgery mole removal and melanoma; having removed thousands of moles in his career, both within the NHS and privately through Cosmedics Skin Clinics. He provides expert advice on skin cancer, sun damage and sun protection for a variety of UK media and publications.
He is also highly experienced in non-surgical cosmetic and medical treatments such as BOTOX® and dermal fillers, where he has a reputation for excellent results that look entirely natural.
Cosmedics Beauty now offers a choice of 2 London locations:
- Putney Beauty Salon conveniently located off the high street: 4 Disraeli Road, Putney, London, SW15 2DS
- Harley Street Beauty Salon, centrally located in London’s medical district: 41 Harley Street, London, W1G 8QH
Cosmedics Beauty offers a wide range of beauty treatments for the face and body, including hair removal. Advanced equipment includes laser with the ClearSkin and ClearLift treatments available, as well as Harmony XL Pro laser treatments performed by trained and experienced therapists. Beauty treatments are offered by Cosmedics Beauty, which is a separate company to Cosmedics Skin Clinics.
Call 0208 246 4861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.