Before and after photos
Varicose veins by the ankle and lower leg removed
Before and after EVLA – minimal scarring
Varicose veins at the top of the calf
Bumpy varicose veins eliminated with EVLA treatment
EVLA varicose vein treatment results
Before and after varicose vein removal in our London clinic.
"I don't think I realised quite how ugly my leg looked beforehand, but I'm really pleased with the fact that it's been treated and it now just looks perfectly normal."
Varicose vein treatment results
Specialist london vein clinic
Choice of varicose veins treatments
Varicose veins often trouble patients quietly for years before they seek out medical help when they fed up with them. Modern advances in lasers, injections and surgery mean the choices for varicose vein treatments are numerous and it can be confusing to know which is the best treatment for you.
In the case of Varicose Veins, the only way to know for sure which is the best treatment is to have an ultrasound scan. At Cosmedics our vascular surgeon does this scan as part of your consultation.
Private Varicose Vein Treatment
Cosmedics Vein Treatment Centre offers private varicose vein treatments for ALL leg vein problems, including:
- Unsightly swollen and often painful veins
- Veins that ache on standing & walking
- Bulging and prominent blue veins
- Cosmetic concerns
- Fed up with wearing compression stockings
Why choose cosmedics for varicose vein treatments
- Our pricing is probably the most affordable pricing in London. Prices from £1,650 for EVLA. See our vein removal prices below
- ALL consultations, ultrasounds scans and treatments performed by a vascular surgeon who has performed 1000’s of vein procedures.
- Dedicated vein clinic, registered with Care Quality Commission
- Walk-in walk-out ‘same day’ treatments.
- Dedicated aftercare package and surgeon available 24 hours a day for any concerns
- NHS won’t do as not covered under NHS guidelines
- We offer a wide choice of procedures including the latest laser and chemical technology, which can be combined for best results based on each individual case
Varicose vein consultation
Your consultation will be with our vascular surgeon and costs £150.
This includes a comprehensive examination as well as a duplex ultrasound scan which is performed at the same consultation to show us exactly where the problem veins are so that treatment options can be fully discussed with the surgeon.
All consultations, ultrasound scans and treatments are carried out at our London Vein Clinics in Putney and Harley Street, so there is no need for a separate appointment elsewhere.
Varicose Vein Consultation – Book Online
You can now view live availability and book your appointment online
✔ choose your clinic – Putney or Harley Street
✔ view & book up to 3 months in advance
There is a £150 consultation fee for appointments with our Vascular Surgeon, which includes an ultrasound scan. Normal terms and conditions apply. Please book online to proceed or call 0207 386 0464 if you’d prefer to speak to our team.
Removal of unsightly veins
|Vein removal treatments||Cost from|
|EVLA Endovenous Laser Ablation including phlebectomy|
|1 leg, 1 vein||£1,650|
|1 leg, multiple veins||£1,750|
|Both legs, 1 vein||£2,250|
|ClariVein varicose vein treatment||from £1,895|
|Foam sclerotherapy injections||£500|
|Microsclerotherapy injections||from £300|
|Microsurgical vein removal||from £500|
|Initial consultation and ultrasound scan||£150 *|
|Follow up consultations after treatment||£95|
Varicose Vein Consultation Fee
Our varicose vein consultations with our Vascular Surgeon cost £150. This includes:
- private consultation with our top vascular surgeon
- ultrasound scan, which is completed at our London clinic requiring no separate appointment or referral
Exact treatment cost can vary depending on the veins and technique used and often we will endeavour to do a total package price to the keep the cost to a minimum. We also offer micro sclerotherapy for thread veins and foam sclerotherapy for smaller varicose veins. Phlebectomy (vein stripping surgery) is also included within the price of EVLA laser varicose vein removal treatment.
Exact treatment cost can vary depending on the veins and technique used. A specific quotation will be given at consultation by our vascular surgeon.
What our patients say
Meet your medical team
Request a Callback
One of our dedicated Cosmedics advisors will call you back at a convenient time. You can trust our expertise with:
- Over 17 years of medical excellence;
- Affordable pricing & same day treatments;
- Optimal Covid-19 health & safety;
Always found the Cosmedics team to be genuine, trustworthy and professional. I can honestly say that I have never felt in safer hands and would highly recommend them.
Your vein removal questions answered
Varicose veins laser treatment
The most popular treatment for varicose veins we have for our patients is the EVLA (Endovenous Laser Ablation)
- Safe and painless laser varicose vein removal procedure
- Same day walk in walk out treatment
- Removes the veins in your legs permanently
- Over a 95% success rate
- Available at our London Vein Treatment Centre
- NICE guidelines recognise that EVLA is the best way to remove the majority of varicose veins
- The NHS tends not to treat varicose veins until they are severe in nature as they deem them cosmetic so seeking private treatments in many cases are now the only option.
What about varicose vein stripping surgery?
Surgical Vein Removal
Vein stripping is a method in which the NHS traditionally tends to use for treating varicose veins. However, it was associated with a high failure rate (50%) and painful long recovery. The NHS now do very little varicose vein removal. Vein stripping is no longer the first choice for varicose veins and we do not offer it at Cosmedics Skin Clinics. The treatment has been superseded by EVLA (laser varicose vein treatment).
Laser treatment for varicose veins means the old version of surgical ‘stripping’ or pulling out of the veins is now rarely performed. Micro or minimally invasive surgery has now superseded all the previous forms of vein surgery.
Microsurgery Vein Removal
Microsurgery is carried out in some cases at the same time as the endovenous laser treatment to help remove small areas that are simply too bulky to melt away. This procedure is known as phlebectomy and can also be used on its own for smaller veins if indicated. By using micro incisions that are only 2mm in size the wounds heal very quickly and leave no marks, only super smooth legs. Phlebectomy (surgical removal of veins) is done under local anaesthetic. Firstly, the surgeon will make micro punctures or tiny incisions in the varicose vein. Then the varicose veins are removed using a special phlebectomy hook which is used to pull out each varicose vein in turn. The incisions are so small that no stitches are required. Phlebectomy is included within our laser varicose vein removal procedure to ensure the best results and pricing. Microsurgical vein removal is also available on its own from £500. During your consultation, your vascular surgeon will explain your options to you and help you decide which treatment is best for you.
Preparation before varicose vein removal treatment
Specific preparation advice will be given depending on which varicose vein treatment you choose (based on your veins and our surgeon’s advice). This general advice will help you to plan for your treatment:
Before Treatment DON’T:
- Shave the legs/bikini area within 3 days of the procedure
- Apply moisturising cream on the day of the procedure
Before Treatment DO:
- Eat and drink as normal on the day of the procedure
- Wear comfortable baggy clothing and loose slip-on shoes or slippers
- Continue with your regular medications
Varicose vein removal aftercare
Specific aftercare advice will be given depending on which varicose vein treatment you choose (based on your veins and our surgeon’s advice). This general advice will help you to plan for your recovery:
After Treatment DON’T:
- Drive home – ask someone to collect you or our receptionists can call a taxi when you’re ready
- Fly for 3-4 days
- Do any strenuous exercise or swim for 1 week
- Use tanning lotions or sunbeds for 6 weeks in the treated areas
After Treatment You CAN:
- Eat and drink as normal
- Return to work the next day in most cases
- Walk – gentle exercise is helpful to your recovery