Chin Up: The Art of Enhancing Your Profile
Many people wish for a stronger profile, with better contours and definition to improve the aesthetics of their face when viewed from the side.
The chin is key to this area, being the lowest part of the facial structure.
The good news is that there are now injectable procedures that can improve the appearance of the chin without surgery.
Chin and profile concerns
Some common concerns about facial profile and chin include:
- Receding chin: A receding chin is a condition where the chin is not projected forward enough in relation to other parts of the face, such as the forehead, nose, and lips. This can make the face look weak and unbalanced.
- Small chin: A small chin can make the face look weak and undefined. It can also make the nose look larger than it actually is.
- Weak jawline: A weak jawline can make the face look soft and undefined. It can also make the face look older than it actually is.
- Double chin: A double chin is a layer of fat that hangs below the chin. It can make the face look overweight and older.
- Asymmetry: Asymmetry is a condition where the two sides of the face are not evenly proportioned. This can be caused by a number of factors, including genetics, injury, and aging.
Chin improvement procedures
Injectable procedures that can improve the appearance of the chin and facial profile without surgery include:
Chin augmentation with dermal fillers – hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane can be used to add volume and contour to the chin.
- Belkyra double chin injections – a non-surgical treatment that involves injections of deoxycholic acid to dissolve excess fat under the chin and create a more defined jawline.
Chin reduction with Botox – for patients who have an overly strong or square-shaped jawline, Botox can be used to relax the muscles and create a more rounded appearance.
Chin fillers are a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that uses dermal fillers to add volume and definition to the chin. They are a popular option for people who want to improve the appearance of their chin, such as those with a receding chin, small chin, or poorly-defined chin.
Permanent filler products are best avoided. Nowadays, chin fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance that is found in the body. Hyaluronic acid is a gel-like substance that helps to keep the skin hydrated and plump. When injected into the chin, hyaluronic acid plumps up the area and creates a more defined chin.
Chin filler treatments are typically performed in a medical skin clinic setting. The procedure takes about 30 minutes. The doctor will inject the hyaluronic acid into the chin using a small needle or cannula. There is no pain or discomfort, as the area is numbed and the fillers contain a local anaesthetic.
There is no downtime after a chin filler treatment. You may experience some mild swelling and bruising, but this will typically go away within a few days.
Chin fillers can last for up to 18 months. The results of the treatment will gradually fade as the hyaluronic acid is broken down by the body.
Chin fillers are a safe and effective way to improve the appearance of the chin. They are a good option for people who want to achieve a more defined and balanced facial profile.
Benefits of chin fillers
- Improve the appearance of a receding chin
- Make a small chin look larger
- Help to define the chin
- Improve the overall balance of the face
- Takes about 30 minutes
- No downtime
- Can last for up to 18 months
Belkyra double chin injections
Belkyra injections are a minimally-invasive treatment that can help to improve the appearance of a double chin. It works by breaking down fat cells in the chin area. This can result in a smoother, more defined chin line.
Injections use a prescription medication that is injected into the fat under the chin to help improve the appearance of a double chin. It is approved as treatment for moderate to severe submental fullness (double chin). The active ingredient in Belkyra is deoxycholic acid, which is a naturally occurring molecule that helps the body break down fat. When injected into the fat under the chin, Belkyra causes the fat cells to break down and be absorbed by the body.
Belkyra injections are typically administered in a series of 2-6 treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart. The number of treatments needed will vary depending on the amount of fat under the chin and the patient’s individual response to treatment.
Benefits of Belkyra injections
Potential benefits of Belkyra injections include:
- Effective: Shown to be effective in reducing the appearance of a double chin. In clinical trials, patients who received Belkyra injections showed a significant improvement in the appearance of their chin line.
- Safe: Belkyra injections are generally safe and well-tolerated.
- Non-surgical: Belkyra is a non-surgical treatment, which means that there is no need for general anaesthesia or a scalpel. This can make the treatment less expensive and have a shorter recovery time than surgical procedures.
- Long-lasting: The results of Belkyra injections can last for several years. However, it is important to note that the results of Belkyra injections can be reversed if the patient gains weight or if the fat cells in the chin area regrow.
Cosmedics Skin Clinics
Cosmedics Skin Clinics was established in 2003 and has built up an excellent reputation for cosmetic and medical skin treatments, carried out by GMC Registered Doctors. The company offer a full range of cosmetic treatments, including popular lip enhancement and wrinkle relaxing injections, dermal fillers; plus medical treatments including mole removal, thread vein treatment and excessive sweating injections.
Cosmedics Skin Clinics has a team of skin treatment doctors and surgeons in their 5 skin clinics across London and Bristol led by Dr Ross Perry.
Call 020 7386 0464 or email email@example.com to book an appointment.
Get In Touch
Please fill in your details and our skin advisors will call you back to give you more information.
You can also add an optional short message.