Non-Surgical Treatments Statistics
Finding statistics on the numbers of cosmetic procedures and treatments carried out is quite difficult as there is not one central audit covering all practitioners – neither in the UK nor worldwide.
However, the ISAPS in America does issue annual numbers which are widely respected.
The 2014 survey invited plastic surgeons worldwide to contribute data on the number and type of procedures performed every year and this can then be compared to previous studies to see trends emerge.
The ISAPS is the only organization that collects this data on a global scale so although it is based on work done by its 2,700 plastic surgeon members (i.e not including doctors or other practitioners), it is considered to be a good source of information from which trends can be drawn.
2014 Cosmetic Procedures Worldwide
- Over 20 million cosmetic surgical and nonsurgical procedures were performed worldwide
- 9,645,395 surgical procedures
- 10,591,506 nonsurgical procedures
Top Non-Surgical Procedures
- Botulinum Toxin (4,830,911)
- Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers (2,690,633)
- Hair Removal (1,277,581)
- Chemical Peel (493,043)
- Laser Skin Resurfacing (480,271)
Botox injections accounted for:
- 46% of non-surgical procedures
- 24% of all cosmetic procedure – including surgical and non-surgical
- More than 3 times the number of eyelid surgery procedures – which was the top cosmetic surgery procedure worldwide
Skin Treatment Doctors
Cosmedics Skin Clinics was established in 2003 and has built up an excellent reputation for cosmetic and medical treatments, carried out by GMC Registered Doctors. The company offer a full range of cosmetic treatments, including popular lip enhancement and wrinkle relaxing injections, dermal fillers; plus medical treatments including mole removal, thread vein treatment and excessive sweating injections.
Cosmedics Skin Clinics has a team of skin treatment doctors and surgeons in their 5 skin clinics across London and Bristol led by Dr Ross Perry.
Call 020 7386 0464 or email email@example.com to book an appointment.
Get In Touch
Please fill in your details and our skin advisors will call you back to give you more information.
You can also add an optional short message and photo of the treatment area.