Marie Claire: Can sex give you better skin?
Marie Claire looks at why your skin can look ‘dewy’ look after sex – just how is it actually good for you?
Dr Ross Perry, founder and Medical Director of Cosmedics Skin Clinics, was invited to give his expert opinion. He explained:
“The release of endorphins after an orgasm helps to relieve stress levels whilst also increasing blood flow to the skin.”
“That gives one a flushed and fresh looking appearance to the skin.”
Marie Claire described 7 ways that sex can improve your skin:
- Balances out hormones, so your skin should be clearer and less prone to hormone-induced acne/spot breakouts
- Improves lymphatic drainage through movement and massage – resulting in clearer, healthier skin
- Lowers cortisol levels – touch reduces the stress hormone (which has been linked to the ageing process)
- Releases hormone dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) – which helps with collagen production and is also antimicrobial
- Plumper lips thanks to increased circulation
- Sweating IS good for the skin – it opens up the pores, cleaning out the toxins and pollution for clearer skin
- Boosts self-esteem – feeling good improves self-image
Find the article in full at: http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/beauty/554021/can-sex-give-you-better-skin.html
DR ROSS PERRY
Dr Ross Perry has advised the media on a range of skincare issues. He is a particular expert on issues relating to sun damage and melanoma, due to his expertise in mole removal. Dr Perry has removed thousands of moles in his career, both within the NHS and privately through Cosmedics Skin Clinics.
COSMEDICS SKIN CLINICS
Cosmedics Skin Clinics was established in 2003 and has built up an excellent reputation for cosmetic and medical treatments, carried out by GMC Registered Doctors. The company offer a full range of cosmetic treatments, including popular lip enhancement and wrinkle relaxing injections, dermal fillers; plus medical treatments including mole removal, thread vein treatment and excessive sweating injections.
Cosmedics Skin Clinics has a team of skin treatment doctors and surgeons in their 5 skin clinics across London and Bristol led by Dr Ross Perry.
Call 020 7386 0464 or email email@example.com to book an appointment.
Request a Callback
One of our dedicated Cosmedics advisors will call you back at a convenient time. You can trust our expertise with:
- Over 18 years of medical excellence;
- Affordable pricing & same day treatments;
- Optimal Covid-19 health & safety;
Always found the Cosmedics team to be genuine, trustworthy and professional. I can honestly say that I have never felt in safer hands and would highly recommend them.