The best treatments for warts depend on the wart and its position on the body.
- Topical creams – takes months, only useful for small thin warts. Cryotherapy for freezing off the wart helps with smaller warts and some thicker ones but in between, you would need to do the above home treatment.
- Laser surgery – the most effective, removes wart in a single session in most cases. Laser surgery for warts is our speciality. This is more invasive but removes the wart in one session. Requires local anaesthetic which numbs the area. Healing takes up to 2 weeks. Occasionally can leave a small scar but most patients prefer this to a wart on their fingers or face.
- Surgery for larger/more resistant warts
- Freezing – a possible option for smaller warts, but takes multiple treatments. You may also need 2-3 freezing sessions normally 2-3 weeks apart.
- We also treat genital warts and that often sexually transmitted infections