- Expect the area to be sore or painful for the first few days. This does then ease off and is supplemented with medication to ensure recovery is comfortable.
- It is best to plan to have a few initial days rest after the procedure.
- Depending on where the skin tag is located, you may be advised to sit in a certain way to avoid putting pressure on any wound for a day or two. This will be explained in the consultation before you decide to go ahead with the treatment.
- Patients are free to carry on with most normal activities after a few days in most cases.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 1-2 weeks to avoid straining the wound although it is important to stay active and a daily gentle walk is recommended to boost your body’s natural circulation and healing.
- Cleanliness is, of course, paramount in the anal area. Bathe or shower daily and use a mild salt wash around the wound.
- Infection is rare as we cover the procedure with antibiotics.
- Going to the toilet afterwards can be painful for a few days to 1-2 weeks depending on how large the removed tags are. Keep a healthy diet high in fibre, fruit and veg to avoid any constipation, as any straining in going to the toilet can put a strain on the wound
Our aftercare guidance and medication ensure your recovery is as comfortable as possible. After the first week, the initial wound should be healing well, but if you have any concerns or queries, please contact the Cosmedics team for further advice.