Guidelines – preparing for carpal tunnel surgery:
- We would advise you not to drive to the clinic on the day of your operation as you will have a bandage on your hand after the procedure.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing above the waist.
- You do NOT need to stop taking your blood-thinning medication prior to surgery.
- Continue taking all your regular medications as normal.
- If you wear rings check that they can be removed easily.
- You may eat and drink normally as the procedure will be carried out in local anaesthetic.