What to avoid after the surgery?
- Scratching of the wounds.
- Lifting heavy objects
- Applying warm compresses as this will increase swelling.
- Smoking for 6 weeks after the surgery.
- No hot baths.
Getting back to activity following your surgery?
In the first week…
- No heavy exercise
- Take time off work, 3 or more days depending on your job
After 2 weeks?
- Tenderness still to be expected
- Light cardo activity can be resumed
After 6 weeks?
- Resume sports with vigorous movements
After 6-8 weeks?
- Can lift heavy objects again
As always, individual experiences vary. Listen to your body and don’t push yourself too early. You can always contact us for advice or in case of any concerns.