We recommend the following precautions after treatment:
- Avoid exercise for 12 hours
- Avoid heat treatments, sauna, steam room and other hot environments for up to 7 days
- Avoid exposure to the sun, sunbeds or self-tanning before and after laser skin tightening treatment
- Avoid any prolonged UV exposure for 28 days post-treatment
- Wear a high protection SPF following treatment
- Skin preparations such as retinol, glycolic or acne preparations should also be avoided and certain medications will make the skin sensitive to the laser light
With other systems such as IPL, laser skin treatment can be uncomfortable. However, with the Harmony XL Pro system, you can expect to notice a warming sensation but it will not be uncomfortable.
There is no need for local anaesthetic, numbing or chilling prior to treatment.
Simultaneous contact cooling technology is incorporated into the applicator tip to cool the skin during treatment for longer periods of time, further minimising the risk of side effects as well as ensuring a more comfortable treatment for patients.
Cosmedics Aesthetic Doctors use the Harmony XL Pro laser machine.
This is a very advanced and versatile machine which treats a range of conditions using specially designed settings to deliver the best possible impact.
Medical Director, Dr Ross Perry, who has personally selected the Harmony XL Pro machine for excellent safety with outstanding results.
The laser works deep within the skin on two levels:
1. Treating blood vessels/veins
Visible veins are a sign that they are damaged and working inefficiently. The laser works to destroy those veins which are enlarged and visible at the surface of the skin. This may sound dramatic, but the blood simply flows through deeper, healthier veins, leaving the skin looking clearer and generally in much better health.
The laser works on a second level, stimulating the body’s natural healing responses for producing new skin cells.
This further improves the complexion, delivering tighter skin and a fresher appearance thanks to the body’s own rejuvenation mechanisms.