The pixelated laser divides light into multiple fractions that penetrate the epidermis (outer layer of skin) and go up to 3mm into the dermis. The laser energy works to heat the skin from beneath and deliver a what is called a ‘controlled dermal wound healing’ – the skin’s healing and regeneration responses.
A photo-acoustic energy kick starts skin remodelling to combat skin laxity (loose skin). The remodelling of the skin takes place beneath the outermost layers, triggering healing from within.
Cosmedics Skin Clinics use the Harmony XL Pro laser machine.
We spent a lot of time researching the options and chose this machine as we believe it is the very best laser technology available today. Despite acting deep within the surface of the skin, laser treatment is surprisingly comfortable and results are fast and long-lasting.
- Innovative – ground-breaking 1064 Q-Switched Nd:YAG laser technology
- Skin remodelling – high powered Near Infrared technology
- Efficient – double rod laser configuration maximises energy production
- Unique – energy dispersion – narrow pulse widths with multiple peaks of energy
- Versatile – tackles a range of skin imperfections – lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, enlarged pores, general lacklustre complexion and more
- Effective – treats almost all skin types, genders and ethnicities
What downtime can I expect?
This depends on the treatment carried out:
- Normal ClearLift – no downtime
- ClearLift 4D can occasionally cause some pinprick redness that can be covered with makeup and typically lasts only a few days
With other systems such as IPL, laser skin treatment can be uncomfortable. However, with the Harmony XL Pro system, you will experience a warming sensation but no discomfort.
Your laser skin treatment will be carried out by one of our fully trained and highly experienced Aesthetic Doctors, so you’re in very safe hands.
Our clinics are overseen by Medical Director, Dr Ross Perry, who has personally selected the Harmony XL Pro machine for outstanding results with little or no downtime for our patients.
We recommend the following precautions after treatment:
- Avoid exercise for 12 hours
- Avoid heat treatments, sauna, steam room and other hot environments for up to 7 days
- Avoid exposure to the sun, sunbeds or self-tanning before and after laser skin tightening treatment
- Avoid any prolonged UV exposure for 28 days post treatment
- Wear a high protection SPF following treatment
- Skin preparations such as retinol, glycolic or acne preparations should also be avoided and certain medications will make the skin sensitive to the laser light
We will discuss aftercare fully at your consultation.