Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
MB ChB PhD FRCS
Mr Alex von Roon is a consultant colorectal surgeon at University College London Hospital, with his subspecialist interests in surgery for complex inflammatory bowel disease, colon cancer and minimally invasive techniques such as Rafaelo procedure of which he is one of a small group of surgeons who have been pioneering this haemorrhoid treatment.
He underwent subspecialist training in colorectal surgery in Adelaide, Australia and St Mark’s Hospital before being appointed Clinical Senior Lecturer and Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at St Mary’s and Charing Cross Hospitals. During this time, he started specialising in inflammatory bowel disease surgery, became clinical lead for enhanced recovery after colorectal surgery and trained on the Senhance robotic surgery platform.
GMC number: 6027268
- Haemorrhoidal treatment – he is one of the first consultants to offer the pioneering Rafaelo procedure, a novel treatment for haemorrhoids which causes less pain than traditional haemorrhoidectomy, under local anaesthetic.
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Complex inflammatory bowel disease and ileoanal pouch surgery
- Colorectal cancer
- Intestinal leakage surgery
- Laparoscopic and open hernia surgery, including complex ventral hernia and abdominal wall reconstruction
- Complex fistula in ano and pilonidal sinus
Read patient testimonials for Mr Alex von Roon below or fill out the form on the right hand side to take the first step towards your consultation.
Mr Alex von Roon Reviews
Provided via Iwantgreatcare.org
“He is a very confident and able doctor and surgeon. He answered all my worries that had remained unanswered by other surgeons.”
“Mr Von Roon has a professional and caring manner that made me feel that I was his only patient. I felt he was invested in me as his patient.”
“Mr von Roon was thorough, helpful and proficient. He explained the procedure, risks and recovery process clearly, had an excellent bedside manner and I would happily recommend and return to his practice.”